+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobfarming in CTF

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 10001010111010 View Post
    I didnt read any of the post other than this one but this is my opinion about it:

If someone is higher skilled than you in a game. And if you like this game. And if you spend some time with this game. I think, it is better to TRY to learn something from them instead whine and kick them away.

That is a gift that he joined your server. Watch him play, and try to learn. After some matches you will become better (than yourself, becoming better than your 'higher skilled friend' could take more time).

This 'trying' will make you better. But this 'whining' will not make you better.
    I missed the part where he said he plays quake in order to get better at the game even at the expense of having fun

Senior Member SileTzar is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I missed the part where he said he plays quake in order to get better at the game even at the expense of having fun
    Well he'll have more fun if he gets better and in the ideal scenario where everyone's skill is exactly the same the game would be decided by lucky spawns, rocket bounce or whateva. Where's the fun in that.
    Watch a couple of demos, spec a couple of skill-up servers, pick up a couple of nifty tricks, practice aim on bots in practice, and return to quake in 2 weeks and you'll see the difference.
    Alternatively, play 15 games trying to suck as much as possible until you get dropped to tier 2 where upper skilled players can not slum and be happy with your positive k/d and 35 second cap on c10. Fun times.
    if all else fails, say_team let's gangrape the farmer

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    I didnt read any of the post other than this one but this is my opinion about it:

If someone is higher skilled than you in a game. And if you like this game. And if you spend some time with this game. I think, it is better to TRY to learn something from them instead whine and kick them away.

That is a gift that he joined your server. Watch him play, and try to learn. After some matches you will become better (than yourself, becoming better than your 'higher skilled friend' could take more time).

This 'trying' will make you better. But this 'whining' will not make you better.
    This type of **** really makes me sick. Spoken like a true tier slummer. I hear this con all the time. Some people actually hit their skill ceiling as one poster put it. God made them that way. Then what do you tell that guy? its a gift to get ***** in the ass? Take it or leave it. Quit the game your not worthy? Pull your head out of the clouds and reprogram your brainwashed mind.

People like you is the reason this game is dead in the first place. Stop with all the lies you gusy tell yourselvse. Oh and btw. I play quake instead of css nowadays... because quake is easier to get frags.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SileTzar View Post
    Well he'll have more fun if he gets better and in the ideal scenario where everyone's skill is exactly the same the game would be decided by lucky spawns, rocket bounce or whateva. Where's the fun in that.
    Watch a couple of demos, spec a couple of skill-up servers, pick up a couple of nifty tricks, practice aim on bots in practice, and return to quake in 2 weeks and you'll see the difference.
    Alternatively, play 15 games trying to suck as much as possible until you get dropped to tier 2 where upper skilled players can not slum and be happy with your positive k/d and 35 second cap on c10. Fun times.
    if all else fails, say_team let's gangrape the farmer
    Lucky spawns and rocket bounces? hahahaha I can't stop laughing right now. And do you really think people were made in a factory as bots and are really the exact same skill. Theres always someone better. You don't get better by getting *****. That just makes you not wanna play anymore. We talking about the drastic diff of getting pwned in a college game by a pro athlete. Or playing another college player who is slightly better.

Do you think straight out of junior high your supposed to get smashed and humiliated by pro athletes? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

WHats the most disturbing, Is that Id actually believes this **** as well.

The problem is the community. Therse nothing ID can do about it. People will san**** or pad their stats, to try an fool system and always tier slum. People have streaks and slumps, if they are 100% human. Other games have communities of admins. You'd figure with ID as the admin now they would implement some balance in the games. We all know what the community of quake admins was like lol.

I mean does shuffle really just shuffle everyone? or is it based on some sort of skillmatching as well? I'm thinking its not the latter.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CooloutAC View Post
    This type of **** really makes me sick. Spoken like a true tier slummer. I hear this con all the time. Some people actually hit their skill ceiling as one poster put it. God made them that way. Then what do you tell that guy? its a gift to get ***** in the ass? Take it or leave it. Quit the game your not worthy? Pull your head out of the clouds and reprogram your brainwashed mind.

People like you is the reason this game is dead in the first place. Stop with all the lies you gusy tell yourselvse. Oh and btw. I play quake instead of css nowadays... because quake is easier to get frags.
    God made them that way.
    WRONG.

Even my mom with 0 computer knowledge can become an avarage tier3 player. Higher than tier3 may require personal skills like reflexes, being able to 'learn' your enemy WHILE fighting him, good fighting instincts to predict your enemy, etc..

My idea is: Noone is pushing you to play this game. But, if you want to give some time of your life to this game, why not increase the quality a bit, huh?

Being this lazy.. I cant believe you.. You say you like this game but you dont even try to understand the game. Cmon.

Simple 'rocket jumping' and 'strafe jumping' is the very basics of this game and not that hard to learn. There are lots of great guides around the QL forums and internet..

In other games;
    - you level up, you get more skills. you get stronger, you do blablablabla
    - you get new items, you get stronger, you do blablablablabla
    - ETC

In quake;
    - you just learn the basics on your own and play with your OWN SKILLS on your fingers on your arms in your brain, you get stronger, you do CA or duel or CTF or ANY MODE YOU WANT..

Noone will open your brain and write "10 frags, 100 expreience points; next level in 50 exp. points."

You have to earn your skill by yourself.

And if you dont like this idea of 'training', you just dont like the quake mentality. If you ever leave this community, noone will feel sorry about you since you dont even tried to see what is possible here.

WRONG.

Even my mom with 0 computer knowledge can become an avarage tier3 player.
    THe rest of your post lost all credibitly after the first line. I don't even think you meant this as a joke.

Like i said people like you are the reason this game is dead. You actually think if people can't play up to your level they don't deserve to play this game. Its delusional to think everyone can be a pro athlete if they just try hard enough. Its naive to swallow that bull. Thats why CSS is one of the most popular pc games still played. Theres servers for noobs and servers for pros. Admins make sure teams are balanced and boot the server slummers/noobs. Theres 100s of servers just in my area alone. And quake is not even heard of. Despicable. Welcome to reality. Keep lying to yourself saying its the "learning curve" lmao.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 02:55 PM.

You actually think if people can't play up to your level they don't deserve to play this game.
    Man, I havent say anything like this. Why dont you just read the rest?? I told you. In every game you do something to 'proceed'. And training is what you do in quake.

About your CSS servers. Well, I cant talk about it because I dont have any CSS experience at all.

I hope you have fun whatever you are playing.

EDIT:
    Its delusional to think everyone can be a pro athlete if they just try hard enough.
    Tier5 = pro athlete you are talking about
    Tier3 = regular playing, fun having player

I said tier3 not tier5.

WRONG.

Even my mom with 0 computer knowledge can become an avarage tier3 player.
    This means, 'Everyone can become a good player'. Everyone can play! Yay! Shiny happy people! \o/
    Last edited by 10001010111010; 10-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    I mean does shuffle really just shuffle everyone? or is it based on some sort of skillmatching as well? I'm thinking its not the latter.
    Shuffle messes with the teams so that the summarised skill level of a whole team (sv_skillrating most likely) is roughly equal. And that's it. If the balance happens to be perfect after the shuffle, another one will do absolutely nothing, or just change the team colors.

Do you think straight out of junior high your supposed to get smashed and humiliated by pro athletes?
    No, you rather compete with another 100,000 of people alike. Notice the figure.

Senior Member SileTzar is on a distinguished road
    Lucky spawns and rocket bounces? hahahaha I can't stop laughing right now. And do you really think people were made in a factory as bots and are really the exact same skill. Theres always someone better. You don't get better by getting *****. That just makes you not wanna play anymore. We talking about the drastic diff of getting pwned in a college game by a pro athlete. Or playing another college player who is slightly better.

Do you think straight out of junior high your supposed to get smashed and humiliated by pro athletes? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds
    That was a hypothetical situation, look it up in a dictionary. Things like "ideal situation" and "exactly the same skill" could have tipped you off.
    A pro won't even bother with you because you're a waste of time. Asking ID or whoever or whining about someone bursting your n00b bubble you consider your safe haven for 1 minute flag runs and 12% Lg acc, is just pathetic. Create a clan, call it tier3, find opponents on your level, and play with them regularly if you find that fun.
    Blaming the community, it works both ways, same when a total nab joins skill up and ruins a team. Deal with it or quit playing pub.

Senior Member Schutzengel is on a distinguished road Schutzengel's Avatar
    I doubt that many people can't get better. Most people who make an effort to get better probably will.

+ Reply to Thread