+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobfarming in CTF

Hybrid View

Senior Member Kemocisko is on a distinguished road

Noobfarming in CTF

I know that nothing can really be done about that, but I need to write down my frustration.
    Yesterday I played 10 CTF matches, and in about 6 of them, there was a player with skill 3x than the rest (and what's more annoying, he was ALWAYS in the opposite team). Not the same player always. When we kicked one noobfarmer at the beginning of a new match, another guy turned out to be a high-skill player. And so on, and so on. One guy had stats 76/9 and 38 acc on Courtyard. Check my matches history if you don't believe.
    Ok, that's it. You can call me a stupid whiner, but that doesn't change the fact, that there IS such a problem that ruins CTF matches.

*IraDeorum
    Well, I can't say anything but.. Welcome to Quake Live (non beta) - the amazing world of tier slummers xD ... they are everywhere! :spooky:

Junior Member migors is on a distinguished road
    ye i see it on every match, it is stupid. I can keep possitive kill death ratio even if there is many of such overskilled players but it is not enymore enjoing game, no blanced teams, no teamplay, no captures, just some of this mother****es destroy all game. I realy hate them.

Senior Member navigaator is on a distinguished road navigaator's Avatar
    join a clan migors, maybe you can have some of that TEAMPLAY.
    you really expect teamplay on a low tier pub ctf?:>

*nox__
    You should take a quick look around these boards you mite find tons of threads relating to the same topic day in day out leaving it extreamly unnecessary for you to post the same thing.

WE KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemocisko View Post
    I know that nothing can really be done about that, but I need to write down my frustration.
    Yesterday I played 10 CTF matches, and in about 6 of them, there was a player with skill 3x than the rest (and what's more annoying, he was ALWAYS in the opposite team). Not the same player always. When we kicked one noobfarmer at the beginning of a new match, another guy turned out to be a high-skill player. And so on, and so on. One guy had stats 76/9 and 38 acc on Courtyard. Check my matches history if you don't believe.
    Ok, that's it. You can call me a stupid whiner, but that doesn't change the fact, that there IS such a problem that ruins CTF matches.
    I didnt read any of the post other than this one but this is my opinion about it:

If someone is higher skilled than you in a game. And if you like this game. And if you spend some time with this game. I think, it is better to TRY to learn something from them instead whine and kick them away.

That is a gift that he joined your server. Watch him play, and try to learn. After some matches you will become better (than yourself, becoming better than your 'higher skilled friend' could take more time).

This 'trying' will make you better. But this 'whining' will not make you better.

Senior Member n00kie is an unknown quantity at this point
    @ 10001010111010

Nice you spread out some ambitious dueller mentality!

Senior Member Fir3Star is on a distinguished road
    i have to confess that, when i first started playing CTF i guess i was a bit of a noobfarmer but not intentionally, it certainly improved my KDR sitting by the flag and taking out enemies was great fun! up till that time i was playing CA TDM and FFA (though i cant say i play FFA much anymore).
    then one day something happened, a went up a skill level and suddenly i couldnt sit by the flag and take out the bad guys anymore, i had to play it properly, and i enjoy it.
    the point of this message? there isnt one, just wanted to confess. have a nice day

Member dreckschwein is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir3Star View Post
    i have to confess that, when i first started playing CTF i guess i was a bit of a noobfarmer but not intentionally, it certainly improved my KDR sitting by the flag and taking out enemies was great fun! up till that time i was playing CA TDM and FFA (though i cant say i play FFA much anymore).
    then one day something happened, a went up a skill level and suddenly i couldnt sit by the flag and take out the bad guys anymore, i had to play it properly, and i enjoy it.
    the point of this message? there isnt one, just wanted to confess. have a nice day
    Nothing wrong with sitting by the flag taking out enemies btw, it is called defence.

*deadaim_
    courtyard is a horrible map.

and you probably had some goofball sit and camp the flag the entire game.. the map is just bad.

the player who did it, probably wasnt even good.. as most newbs who enjoy this kind of thing arent. im guessing it was a mixture of everyone else just being utterly terrible, and the horrible map design of courtyard.

as far as non premium maps.. ctf8 and ctf7 are pretty much the only decent options.

+ Reply to Thread