+ Reply to Thread

Thread: skill too high in insta??

Junior Member abby is on a distinguished road

skill too high in insta??

So i go to join an ictf game, that has a handful of people I usually play with and it says my skill is too high to join...I find it a bit odd how insta is 'unranked' and yet has skill leveled games.

there arent many ictf games going on, so when one is unable to join a server because of skill level it is pretty ridiculous, especially when ictf is primarily all I (and some others) play. Hopefully this is just a glitch...

-is there a way to unskill yourself?

p.s. i am EXTREMELY unhappy about this payment method, and the possibility of people's clans being 'stolen'...i think some of quake's most loyal followers are getting burned. Back to q3 anyone?

*joint
    Agreed. The idea of skill matching is crucial--but not when there are only 3 or 4 active games for insta going on at any given time. It just ends up excluding half the regular players. Skill matching should be turned off until more people play insta games.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Instagib uses your FFA skillranking for the skillmatch. I suggest you make a dedicated Instagib account or something. Either that or play on private servers.

Junior Member abby is on a distinguished road
    Then I will go join a ffa server and shoot a wall for 3 hours to lower my skill . I refuse to play with another name!

-abby

Junior Member Oddbaal is on a distinguished road
    I dont play ffa and had less than a full game on all weaps. I'm like Abby, I cant join a server with the ppl I have been playing with for 8 months. And more than half of them play better than me. I dont get it. If I want to play now I have to go to a server and hope ppl join. Unless this is a glitch, It's pretty much over for me.

Member easytarget is on a distinguished road easytarget's Avatar
    Yeah that dosnt seem right considering its an unranked mod

+ Reply to Thread