View Poll Results: Do we need QL-Defrag?

Voters
588. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Wanna have this

541 92.01%
  • No, dont need that

27 4.59%
  • I dont care

20 3.40%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Defrag as QL - Mod

*eNEMYYY
    bumpbumpbump

Junior Member snixor is on a distinguished road
    F1 Vote yes

*HolyFrak
    Hmm, finding this kind of pointless for QL.
    But I like the idea and maybe this could serve as inspiration for a completely new gametype, be it for Pro users. Something devoted more to movement than to frags but also including some kind of real-time interaction between players.

Senior Member warning123 is on a distinguished road
    so u mean like Quake2 jump mod

Quakelive make this happen a mixture of Quake2 jump and Quake3 defrag mod + call it Quakelive world instead of defrag

firstly , in ur world of Quakelive u can add a new innovation not only defraging like in Quake3 , but i mean target practice , doing things , and having a handicap for people in low skilled players , forinstance a team game similar to portal2 that will come out soon
    i know this requires much work but u know how much people will be active ?
    u want the activity to increase because when we are active more players stay and be active and new players will not just leave the game with boredom

Senior Member Jason_ is on a distinguished road Jason_'s Avatar
    bump10char

Senior Member uaedude is on a distinguished road
    Quakelive world sounds nice instead of defrag =)

portal innovation sounds nice to the mixture warning123 , i think making it in a tutorial format with ghosts like m3t3or suggested , however m3t3or if u can update/edit ur first post or open a newthread and gather all the defrag idea's of quake2 jump mod and quake3 defrag mod + warning123 suggestion about the Quakelive online world which will help low skilled players benefit and learn movements , aim , reflex aim , and special handicap of low skilled players , forexample on Defrag Quakelive [AKA] Quakelive World to warnings suggestion , making a map to learn target practice , shooting a bots that have specific tasks and ur crosshair and position will be in particular place where ur character will do the straft jumps and movement for u and when its ur time to control u will have like 2 seconds to reflex and rail that bot , window location / piller / jumppad flow location and any of those place to place combats , firstly what warning123 said gave me an idea that Quakelive tutorial can be much better if they link tutorial to Quakelive World ( Online Tutorials )
    many players will have a chance in understanding the boundaries of Quake more and becoming real pro's soon

idsoftware ur aim is to make such world come true , then make the world upon your selves and let us come to you
    Last edited by uaedude; 12-23-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Member uNDeaDZERG is on a distinguished road
    add defrag mode !

Senior Member m3t3or is on a distinguished road m3t3or's Avatar
    - I modified the first post "possibly add Quake2 jump stuff". I dont know what exactly Quake2 jump is ... I think this is optional and could be implemented after we have some kind of defrag-mod in the first place.

- modified the first post "add some kind of team-mod ... maps which only can be solved together"

- The name "defrag" is widely known in the Q3 community as a movement based mod ... "Quakelive world" sounds strange to me, since I associate it with "Quakeworld" which is something completly different. "De-Frag", means playing without fragging ... and that describes the mod very good if you ask me. Sure, something Like "QL-jump" also would do the job. But using the name "defrag", nearly everybody in QL directly knows what you are talking about. And it sounds alot better than QL-jump" or QL-world" if you ask me =P
    Last edited by m3t3or; 12-25-2010 at 05:21 AM.

Senior Member uaedude is on a distinguished road
    people will get to know everything to know about the world of Quake as a whole , to know all aspects of the Quake World , Quake3 defrag and Quake2 jump had some beta phases of maps where to help u with target practice but they all looked sluggish and prototyped not aligned with perfection to the humor and achievement of a learning environment to make the new people gaze with awareness for the struggle with joyful fun on the same stream , instead its just good for the pro defrager's and Quake2jumpers , look at it in the whole real picture , to make something for us only isnt a good goal for Quakes long run for its competition to the FPS genes of the future upcoming FPS, quakelive.com goal is to make people love and understand quake to the extent that the fan will automatically do their jobs in advertising Quake when their touched by quake,
    making a map to learn target practice , shooting a bots that have specific tasks and ur crosshair and position will be in particular place where ur character will do the straft jumps and movement for u and when its ur time to control u will have like 2 seconds to reflex and rail that bot , window location / piller / jumppad flow location and any of those place to place combats
    ..( defrag , jump , tutorials , challenging time attack's , all can be linked together as one ) , Quakelive OnlineTutorialWorlds or any fancy winner name in the equilibrium agenda of a smooth winner's perspective of choice .
    if Quakelive.com want to do this " idsoftware " please think it through and dont wait for more people to come to you before u start this , instead this shouldve been ur first approach before u advertise quake's success of an FPS Game.

before speaking through mind observation , u have to have a source to back u up , but who can know when every1 is just argueing idea's? , i have played jump mod and quake3 defrag with 100's of maps from target practice , flag objectives and teamwork calibration , but never was optimized for the begginers or new comers which are the " newborns to Quake's gene " , in a reality approach for the benefit of all people from low skilled to high skilled players and finding the midpoint of the success for all the people, idSoftware , Quakelive.com you have to add more testers for those Quakelive OnlineTutorialWorlds maps , starting such a project is a tough job because im sure u lack percision testers in a psychological judgemental environemnt in the gaming instituion , however we are glad to say we are ready to take ourselves in participating in such projects , just open the doors and we will be running in before its too late and we leave back to our lives id .
    having defrag mode as a freezetag mode around the server list with some maps like raztrail and strafez map wont have a great impact to the whole community and the newborns as a whole , because they wouldnt achieve anything new for Quakelive they just brought Quake2 and Quake3 to the works,people who played dday of Normandy mod for quake2 back at 1999 that mod had alot of teamwork for a worldwar2 game that u might never seen it in any game in todays generation probably im not sure if their is though , but since i played cod and bfbc i assume their isnt yet , in dday of Normandy ive learned these teamwork help by jumping above the head of ur team and doing ladder's shooting at the bell and all that through collaborative teamchats with anonymous people who helped me by telling me wat to do , through what ? teamchat , chats those days are to be recognized , in these days it should not be console or codes pass through the screen but more recognition of the new generation online communication scheme .

Senior Member m3t3or is on a distinguished road m3t3or's Avatar
    bump 10char

+ Reply to Thread