View Poll Results: Do we need QL-Defrag?

Voters
586. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Wanna have this

539 91.98%
  • No, dont need that

27 4.61%
  • I dont care

20 3.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Defrag as QL - Mod

*Terakless
    QL needs DeFRaG !!!

I just play DeFRaG nothing more and sometimes a bit ctf here for strafing in combat.

QL NEEDS DEFRAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Terakless View Post
    QL needs DeFRaG !!!

I just play DeFRaG nothing more and sometimes a bit ctf here for strafing in combat.

QL NEEDS DEFRAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    then go play defrag. if you play real defrag youll know that QL-style defrag wouldnt be that great.

*Terakless
    you dont understand

i want ql defrag .

Senior Member m3t3or is on a distinguished road m3t3or's Avatar
    you dont understand

i want ql defrag .
    exactly that! Sure, it will not be that powerfull and great like the old defrag with cpm, 1000+ maps and the old vq3 physiks. It will be a different defrag. It will be QL-defrag!

Face the fact, that the old defrag is dying slowly .... kids dont even know that it did exist. There are no new players comming along, and the old playerbase is slowly fading. Unlike QL, it is not that easy to get it to run!

Lets take use of the mighty QL web interface ... if defrag is visible here, it will be known and played again by the whole QL community. (And besides that, I dislike to install all the old stuff & transfere my QL to a Q3 config, just to play defrag )

*Terakless
    Q3 DeFRaG is not really dying, in the last time many new players came, but, why must a QL player install Q3 + pointrelease 1.32 + DeFRaG + 1000+ maps to battle movementskills when he can battle in QL?

The movement is part of Q and QL.
    And the players should be able to battle their movement in Q and QL.

QL players doesnt need to know how they get best bounceboost etc. they cant use it. why should they learn it??

I dont want bounce fun, I want movement skills !!! I want QL movement !!

I want to battle my movement skills in QL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at a place where the competition is !!!

p.s: sry for bad eng.
    Last edited by Terakless; 10-16-2010 at 10:19 PM.

*Running_Frag
    ^^This !! F1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by m3t3or View Post
    exactly that! Sure, it will not be that powerfull and great like the old defrag with cpm, 1000+ maps and the old vq3 physiks. It will be a different defrag. It will be QL-defrag!

Face the fact, that the old defrag is dying slowly .... kids dont even know that it did exist. There are no new players comming along, and the old playerbase is slowly fading. Unlike QL, it is not that easy to get it to run!

Lets take use of the mighty QL web interface ... if defrag is visible here, it will be known and played again by the whole QL community. (And besides that, I dislike to install all the old stuff & transfere my QL to a Q3 config, just to play defrag )
    defrag isnt dying, and QL isnt the bright future for the world of quake. if defrag was dying, why are there more tournaments for it than QL?

also, defrag was its own mod, and if iD were to copy it over to QL, there would be some issues (moral and legal[?], but i doubt iD would care about any moral issues).

Q3 DeFRaG is not really dying, in the last time many new players came, but, why must a QL player install Q3 + pointrelease 1.32 + DeFRaG + 1000+ maps to battle movementskills when he can battle in QL?

The movement is part of Q and QL.
    And the players should be able to battle their movement in Q and QL.

QL players doesnt need to know how they get best bounceboost etc. they cant use it. why should they learn it??

I dont want bounce fun, I want movement skills !!! I want QL movement !!

at a place where the competition is !!!

p.s: sry for bad eng.
    you dont need to install all that stuff. the "q3 installation is such a pain" argument isnt really that valid. you download and install q3, get the proinstaller, download and install the mods, get dfengine, and set up your config. its less glitchy than QL installation, thats for damn sure.

also you can just get a private CA server and go "battle your movement". the QL physics are "less buggy" and therefore more restrictive. aside from a couple shiny cvars, defrag cant do much for QL. in normal Q3, you cant really overbounce "at will", and defrag makes it so all overbounces are available. it has cpm and vq3, and some slighly modified physics. QL doesnt have cpma or cpm and prolly never will. the only thing that i see defrag "bringing" to QL is a few cvars. not a bad thing, but nothing special. defrag belongs in q3, not in ql with its watered-down physics.

*Terakless
    QL-Defrag donīt need cpma physics and many different bounces.

the main of defrag is the movement. the technics, the precision in movement, timing, route finding.

even with "watered-down physics" it will be a very nice gameplay, which is different to Q3 Defrag. itīs QL-Defrag.

all what you say doesnīt matter. its not the base idea of defrag. its just nice effekt.

think about for what defrag is made, and not what you can do in it. thats the main point.
    and ql is 100% compatible for the main based idea of defrag!!!

when i argue like you, i must say to you, you failed here in QL

p.s: sry for bad eng. again
    Last edited by Terakless; 10-18-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Senior Member m3t3or is on a distinguished road m3t3or's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    some defrag movies
    The one from Kaleidoskope is real nice! The other two I dont like that much.

+ Reply to Thread