View Poll Results: Do we need QL-Defrag?

Voters
588. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Wanna have this

541 92.01%
  • No, dont need that

27 4.59%
  • I dont care

20 3.40%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Defrag as QL - Mod

Junior Member ___LOL___ is on a distinguished road
    I would like to have online DeFRaG servers.

Senior Member spasticpuma is on a distinguished road spasticpuma's Avatar
    Bump, and can we get some info on whether this is possible/planned? I believe SyncError stated that the developers watched these and needed around 200 votes for a viable cross-section of the players opinions... over 200 votes with almost 90% yes. Can haz now please?
    Mauling prey items...its just a Puma's nature.

Junior Member v1ech is on a distinguished road
    F1 its amazing

Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Quit calling it DeFrag for 1.

Give it a name like tricking or whatever. It would not be defrag. The physics are different.

They need tricking competitions in existing maps now.

Who can strafe from point A to point B quickest, best 2 out of 3.

Race and skills challenging each other. Along w/ solo mode too.

I see other good strafers and wonder who is the fastest?

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBlade View Post
    Quit calling it DeFrag for 1.

Give it a name like tricking or whatever. It would not be defrag. The physics are different.
    Defrag is defrag. Diff physics or not.

Are you new to quake?

They need tricking competitions in existing maps now.

Who can strafe from point A to point B quickest, best 2 out of 3.
    That's a terrible idea. It would get boring fast. Fast caps, maybe, but anything else is worthless. And a set limit like best 2 out of 3 is boring. Defrag isn't about best # out of #. Just let them grind down time like in the original defrag and have the leaderboards for each map like mDd.

-----

And if they add defrag they better bring a cpm style movement in.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    ive actually become more open minded about cpm physics. they definitely wont be as awesome as actual cpm, but i welcome any new physics, because i like to run around. hell, vql with air control and proper doublejumps would be cool.

after all, i can still play the good cpm in q3

df for ql would be an awesome addition, as long as they kept up at least some of the old traditions, like dfwc (obviously not "dfwc", but a different name and stuff, but a similar competition every year), community made maps, leaderboards etc.

Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    Defrag is defrag. Diff physics or not.

Are you new to quake?

YES. Very new. Started 2 weeks ago.

-----

I do believe they've added mild cpm to the physics, you can move around corners mildly in mid air. I know there is more to it than that, but honestly I don't care how good someone else can defrag around a map, all I care about is if they can do it better than me, and I doubt a premium game service will run off of 1 awesome defrag player w/ repetitive players joining to spec...

DeFrag may be DeFrag, but you run your mouth alot w/o considering the business aspect of crap...

*Domino
    I do believe they've added mild cpm to the physics, you can move around corners mildly in mid air. I know there is more to it than that,
    That's not what i mean...

but honestly I don't care how good someone else can defrag around a map, all I care about is if they can do it better than me, and I doubt a premium game service will run off of 1 awesome defrag player w/ repetitive players joining to spec...
    You obviously don't know what im talking about. Have you even played defrag before or even been in a defrag server?

http://www.q3df.org/

Leaderboards for online defrag. Everyone plays at the same time in the servers. it's not like you spec or take turns. There's no collision and everyone can go at the same time. Each time you complete the map it displays your time up at the top for everyone to see. just keep doing the run as much as you want to and people can vote for a map when people are bored of the current map. It's not like a time limit or a race to see who's better in that current map. That's for the main leaderboards on the site.

Senior Member uaedude is on a distinguished road
    m3t3or Tutorial ghost showing keymaps on your screen and doing the objective infront of you whenever u fail the ghost reloads

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by uaedude View Post
    m3t3or Tutorial ghost showing keymaps on your screen and doing the objective infront of you whenever u fail the ghost reloads
    It also maps our your player from the last run you did, so you're pretty much racing your last finished time.

+ Reply to Thread