DeFRaG is a still heavily played mod in the Q3 community ... why not as well provide it in QL to get the Q3 de-fragers into the QL boat?
You dont know what DeFRaG is?
Wikipedia - DeFRaG
and watch this:
w3sp strafes - Quake3 Defrag movie
f33l - Quake3 Defrag Movie
Q3 | Kaleidoscope - Shaolin Productions
Including DeFRaG as QL mod would mean:
- provide 5-10 standart DeFRaG maps (as well for the no-subscription user) .... they need to be lured!
- allow users to play thair own maps online (only in defrag mod) (only Pro/Premium members)
- allow everybody to download foreign map automatically if you connect to a server with a unknown map (only Pro/Premium members)
- provide a way to couple the map-creator to any legality issues with his map so that ID cannot be punished by law for foreign maps.
- provide exact timers + necessary cvars
- provide ghosts
As well nice to have, but not essential:
- show other players on the same map as ghosts, so that no interaction is possible. (can be enabled/disabled)
- provide some sort of ingame-highscore-table for each official QL-defrag map.
- if sb reaches the top 10 on a map, his demo is uploaded to the highscore-table. Everybody can download it.
- provide some kind of "race" between different players on a defrag-map with/without interaction
- provide a possibility to enable cpm physics in QL-defrag
- possibly add some of the "Quake2 jump" ideas
- add some kind of team-mod ... maps which only can be solved together
Please leave your post AND vote to show, that there is a real demand for QL-DeFRaG !