+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gamepad

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Again: yes. With joy2key you must not enable the gamepad ingame (in_joystick 0 !). This way you can use the pad for movement and the mouse for aiming or whatever comes to your mind.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*vchrizz
    hi,
    im on linux (debian testing) and dont get my sidewinder freestyle gamepad to work.. jstest works fine, but somehow firefox/flashplugin/quakelive doesnt recognize the gamepad... ive looked for an addon for firefox to support gamepads but only found some javascript-code to access the gamepad..
    for windows i found "joy2key" to map gamepad controls to keyboard controls which seems cool but what about linux?
    could anybody give some hint how to get gamepads to work with browser/quakelive?
    thanks

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    The buildin gamepad support only supports the MS XBOX gamepad by default. I assume most other actual pads will run under windows sharing the same API. However, getting the pad recognized as a pad under linux isn't enough. I think I somewhere saw a joy2key version for linux (someone mentioned js2key on the ubuntu forums). You might want to find that
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Junior Member Scoony_Jay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by vchrizz View Post
    hi,
    im on linux (debian testing) and dont get my sidewinder freestyle gamepad to work.. jstest works fine, but somehow firefox/flashplugin/quakelive doesnt recognize the gamepad... ive looked for an addon for firefox to support gamepads but only found some javascript-code to access the gamepad..
    for windows i found "joy2key" to map gamepad controls to keyboard controls which seems cool but what about linux?
    could anybody give some hint how to get gamepads to work with browser/quakelive?
    thanks
    I would look into Xpadder, I use that to get my OEM gamepad working

+ Reply to Thread