+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gamepad

Senior Member SHAKEANDBAKE has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Red face Gamepad

Could someone please explain the function of "gamepad" in Controls section or please direct me to that information so i can read up on it?

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Infinitiy is on a distinguished road
    how you can play quake with a gamepad...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAKEANDBAKE View Post
    Could someone please explain the function of "gamepad" in Controls section or please direct me to that information so i can read up on it?
    A tiny bit of info is mentioned here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...August-31-2010

I will try and find more.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitiy View Post
    how you can play quake with a gamepad...
    I know someone who plays quite well with one, but they just use it for movement, as in the wasd is a d-pad. They move with their thumb only. I tried it before and it is viable, but in my opinion not desirable. So, gamepad + mouse combo is a viable setup.

Member dudio is on a distinguished road
    heh .. I used to play Quake 2 LMCTF solely with a 10 button
    Gravis gamepad, but gave it up halfway thru Quake 3. It
    obviously has its drawbacks, but I actually rocked those
    buttons fairly well : )

Senior Member SHAKEANDBAKE has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    A tiny bit of info is mentioned here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...August-31-2010

I will try and find more.

I know someone who plays quite well with one, but they just use it for movement, as in the wasd is a d-pad. They move with their thumb only. I tried it before and it is viable, but in my opinion not desirable. So, gamepad + mouse combo is a viable setup.
    Thank you for info. It explains everything. I don't have gamepad.

Thank you Lorfa

Junior Member LazarPl is on a distinguished road
    Siema! Ja kupiłem pada wczoraj ale nie działa mi na quake live wcale, czy ktos wie co sie dzieje?Może to ustawienia jakies?

Junior Member PawUloN_ is on a distinguished road
    Ja polecam pisać po angielsku, w końcu to międzynarodowe forum, więc pisanie po polsku jest czystym kretyństwem.

Translation:
    Please, write in english here, this is international forum.

Member Niezbo is on a distinguished road
    Got a question! I plugged my gamepad, made it work, but now I am unable to work with keyboard properly. I can move with direction buttons on pad, but I can't move with keyboard. Does anyone know how to separate keyboard and gamepad to make them work independently? I would like to point out that unbinding all buttons (pad+keyb.) and binding them all again doesn't work.
    Gamepad makes keyboard malfunction.
    ppl who disbalanced teams:
    naity; _Smd; d3w10n; onager; Guiro; xGaGax

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niezbo View Post
    Got a question! I plugged my gamepad, made it work, but now I am unable to work with keyboard properly. I can move with direction buttons on pad, but I can't move with keyboard. Does anyone know how to separate keyboard and gamepad to make them work independently? I would like to point out that unbinding all buttons (pad+keyb.) and binding them all again doesn't work.
    Gamepad makes keyboard malfunction.
    Yes, check this thread:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...controller-cfg

You need a third party tool for that (joy2key), I posted the links in the mentioned thread.

edit: if you use in_joystick 1 the keyboard gets disabled. I really dislike this implementation, but id said they just copied the code from q4 or another game and have no priority in enhancing it (understandable). However, with the joy2key software you can assign mouse movement to the analog stick axes and remap the keys you normally use onto the pad. Works quite good, but playing Quake with a gamepad is nothing one can take seriously
    Last edited by malk_; 08-18-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member Niezbo is on a distinguished road
    I know, it might sound not seriously to play with gamepad, BUT if I would be able to play with gamepad and keyboard AND MOUSE at the same time I would gain nice advantage
    I already read all topics about gamepad, unfortunatly I couldn't find infos about playing with all 3 devices.
    So question is: does QL with joy2key let me enable mouse, pad and keyb. ?
    ppl who disbalanced teams:
    naity; _Smd; d3w10n; onager; Guiro; xGaGax

+ Reply to Thread