+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CONNECTION INTERRUPTED again and again and again

Junior Member JesusLovesPonys is on a distinguished road

Exclamation CONNECTION INTERRUPTED again and again and again

Yo, i usally have a ping about 30. but nearly every minute its seems that my connection is getting interrpted and i stuck in right in the game. this sucks. i dont use W-lan and my internet connection is pretty fast. i edited my firewall and switched my antivirusprogramm to "game mode" to make sure that every thing is fine, but this is not helping. SO PLEASE help me, its impossible to ply like this-

thanks
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Junior Member POPEYE_tsm is on a distinguished road
    There are others that have this too. Im just patiently waiting for a fix. Does it last for 3 seconds at a time? When it freezes for me, i can carry on moving for a about a second while all others are static. Is your computer old? Im not saying its not upto it, just that old mobo and graphics might conflict with the latest software. Quakelive i think is updated alot to take advantage of new graphics technologies, which maybe why there are many that arent having problems, but just a few of us. For me, it started after the big update a couple of months ago, where qlive was down for 2 days.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    maybe your avg doesnt recognize quakelive as a game. So game mode does nothing?
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Member DEATHL0K is on a distinguished road
    I'm getting the same thing. I've only really noticed it over the past few days.

I didn't change anything. The game was fine a couple weeks ago.

*NBK_RealMD
    hate this - cost me more then one game because of bloody connect interrupt.

If you play on a laptop like me, i recomend picking it up and walking round your house (preferably near to your rooter - though not always) until you get a place where there is no connect interrrupt. if you own a desktop, try and move it closer to router also - but if it already is there is chance your rooter is buggered. maybe get new one?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NBK_RealMD View Post
    If you play on a laptop like me, i recomend picking it up and walking round your house (preferably near to your rooter - though not always) until you get a place where there is no connect interrrupt. if you own a desktop, try and move it closer to router also - but if it already is there is chance your rooter is buggered. maybe get new one?
    It looks like a router issue to me but walking around won't help a bit since he says he doesn't use wireless.
    Did you try without the router or with another one, JesusLovesPonys?

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    It seems to me you have a packet loss. To troubleshoot this problem, first disable both antivirus and firewall and check if it solves the problem. If not:

Try with different locations. If you got problem everywhere, pick the server with best ping and try pinging QL server IP address continuously (to get server IP issue cl_currentserveraddress in QL console; to ping win+r -> cmd -> ping -t ip) while playing. When freeze occurs, alt+enter to exit full screen, or minimize the game (with minimizor application) and check if your ping gets "Request Timed Out". If you get a lot of these, it means you have packet loss. If your ping is uninterrupted, then it can be upto your hardware.

In most cases packet loss occurs when you fill/saturate your bandwidth. For example if your ISP shapes you for 2mbit/s and you download something with 200kB/s, it means you are using your bandwidth to the maximum and excessive packets will be dropped by your ISP equipment to maintain your shape. Since gaming traffic is very sensitive and must be sent out as fast as possible, there are two ways to override this. One is to monitor your bandwidth not to get filled up (if you have 1 pc there is not much of a problem, check for viruses and stop all the downloads/seeds) or other advanced way to mark gaming traffic with QOS, which you just don't need to know

That said, if you're sure you don't fill up bandwidth but still get packet loss, contact your ISP. The problem is on their side. Can be caused by a lot of aspects, from with faulty/old phone line (in case of DSL) till routing issues.

+ Reply to Thread