+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ping and Hitbox / RG/LG

Junior Member Maver1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    maverick, syncerror said "specifically* that unlagged applies to all weapons, and to LG in particular.
    Anyone can say whatever they like. Like I said, if it were unlagged, you would expect identical LG behavior with truelightning 1 up to 80 ping. An unlagged LG is a zero ping LG. Experiment and see.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    m8, you are not the first to try to understand the hidden truth behind TL0. I myself have tried to pry an answer from Sync and he said "use TL1". that's it.

FYI - the way i see it is that TL0 to 1 doesnt mean the beam is anyway attached to your latency. its just a graphic enhancement. you have to set your TL manually according to your ping.

having 0 doesnt mean that its a faithful reproduction of your ping. it's not.

however, the netcode is still unlagged. so use TL1. using anything else just makes it more confusing for you. cuz you would see that actual impact of your LG .. if it were not unlagged.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    m8, you are not the first to try to understand the hidden truth behind TL0. I myself have tried to pry an answer from Sync and he said "use TL1". that's it.

FYI - the way i see it is that TL0 to 1 doesnt mean the beam is anyway attached to your latency. its just a graphic enhancement. you have to set your TL manually according to your ping.

however, the netcode is still unlagged. so use TL1. using anything else just makes it more confusing for you. cuz you would see that actual impact of your LG .. if it were not unlagged.
    I have to agree.  After minimizing all sources of  system lag TL1 works best for me up to 75 ping.  A fter that I don't bother playing. I think it might be more helpful to keep TL1 and tweak timenudge. On the other hand even that seems to hurt my accuracy at any ping lower than 50ish. Thus, it's best to keep both at a set value low value and just get used to it.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I didn't know how to explain this so I copyed from a forum. Pretty much use this setting in your gpu drivers, you will notice alot less thru's
    He is explaining to someone what flip que is on ati tray tools.

This is the same as "Prerender Limit" or "Max frames Rendered ahead" on the Nvidia cards. It basically tells the driver how many frames (one complete "image" on a screen = 1 frame...if you are getting 60 FPS, you are seeing 60 distinct "images" on the screen per second) ahead it should render into a "queue" before it actually gets output to the screen. Think of it as temporary storage.

This can improve the framerate SOMEWHAT (we're only talking about a few fps), but this has the drawback of causing some pretty bad input (keyboard / mouse) lag, especially when the framerate (when caused by video card bottlenecks, NOT cpu bottlenecks) drops, or when you are using vsync ON with a low refresh rate (again= lower FPS, since with vsync, your refresh rate= FPS (Unless the fps drops).

Setting it to 0 will greatly reduce any mouse lag encountered by a low framerate. I don't know if there are any other benefits of leaving this at default or increasing it (besides the greater chance of input lag at lower framerates).
    Last edited by Adderall; 05-13-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

All I see here are unsupported assertions and appleals to authority...no one gives ever gives any arguments to show why their point of view is correct...as is typical of the ql forums. You can repeat as many times as you like that the LG is unlagged. It goes against the evidence. As I've already said, you would expect tje LG to behave as if you have zero ping, up to 80 ping. It doesn't. Use whatever settings you feel make your aim the strongest. Understanding what's going on will no doubt give you the ability to make smarter cfg tweaks.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maver1ck View Post
    no one gives ever gives any arguments to show why their point of view is correct
    Arguments like "It's not unlagged, lol, everybody with experience KNOWS and FEELS"?
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    damn malk. you beat me to it :/

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    scnr
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Obviously there are two versions of Quake Live, one is played by people who feel their LG acts the same regardless of whether they ping 20 or 70, and the other one where there's a substantial difference to be noticed.
    For some reason, these two groups have the same discussion board to rant on...

Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    Arguments like "It's not unlagged, lol, everybody with experience KNOWS and FEELS"?
    Rather than attack straw men (read ALL the posts and stop taking **** out of context) how about you log into the game and observe the LG so you can have a modicum of understanding.

+ Reply to Thread