+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ping and Hitbox / RG/LG

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    The actual rail beam goes straight forward from the centre of your screen, what you see is there to make it look cool. Trust the crosshair instead.
    And, hitbox placement is a bit fishy when you're staring at enemy model from weird angles.
    And sometimes when the guy gets disconnected, nothing can hurt him except splash damage. I didn't watch the demo, maybe this isn't the case here.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPHIREM View Post
    Ok, here's the demo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?11kbjmc361xj124

That shot is at 1:02 (as you can see on the screenshot).
    Please dont comment my (lack of) skill as i know i suck. ^^
    Yeah it looks as in the screenshot.

Pretty wacky, although it is possible that 'fargold' was lagging and that's why he stopped, in which case his actual position would not appear correctly.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maver1ck View Post
    I think the solution is have an unlagged LG. Of course unlagged has the effect of making dodging harder since the enemy is getting hits regardless of whether is LG was on the hitbox according to the server. You could be getting taggged while it appears the beam is nowhere near you if the enemy has relatively high ping. The higher the ping, the worse this problem gets. My thinking is that it's necessary to have as accurate an LG aim as possible, but it's not necessary to tell exactly where the enemy LG beam is. You only need to grossly see where to beam is to dodge it effectively. So overall LG fights would be way more fair.

SHAFT Maver1ck
    Unlagged is enabled up to 80ms ping for all hitscan weapons. Therefore a TL value besides 1 doesn't make any sense to me as long as you ping below 80ms. But the trailing hitbox becomes really noticeable idd. However, I think it's something we have to (and can) live with.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Junior Member Maver1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    Unlagged is enabled up to 80ms ping for all hitscan weapons. Therefore a TL value besides 1 doesn't make any sense to me as long as you ping below 80ms. But the trailing hitbox becomes really noticeable idd. However, I think it's something we have to (and can) live with.
    It's not enabled for LG.
    Last edited by Maver1ck; 05-09-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maver1ck View Post
    It's not enabled for LG.
    and you know this .. how?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    inb4 truelightning
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Junior Member Maver1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    and you know this .. how?
    Everyone knows that by experience...i can't LG at above about 55 ping or so. 65 tops. The fact that the LG beam sways more (with TL values other than 1) while the hitbox lag stays the same and registers hits in the same spots tell you that ping is affecting your LG. If it were unlagged, you could use 1 and your aim would be same no matter what up to 80 ping.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Mav last post before you posted this morning was 10-15-2010..

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    maverick, syncerror said "specifically* that unlagged applies to all weapons, and to LG in particular.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    maverick, syncerror said "specifically* that unlagged applies to all weapons, and to LG in particular.
    all hitscan weapons, right?

+ Reply to Thread