Closed Thread

Thread: Thank god Starcraft 2 came out just in time! My heart feels broken.

Member FoxyLoxy is on a distinguished road

Thank god Starcraft 2 came out just in time! My heart feels broken.

Because my favorite game for almost a year now has just betrayed me to the fullest. Growing up I never got to play Quake 3 but instead went down the UT path, and those games were a blast. When UT3 came out I felt betrayed because it was no where near the quality of UT2004. So when I heard about QuakeLive I hesitated for a few months but then I got into it last October and wow was it fantastic, I loved this game from the start and I spread the game around like it was a religion at my college, and I actually had some people try it and like it. With this new update I feel more betrayed than I did when UT3 was so disappointing.

Why would I pay money for something that other games get for free (mods and new maps) and Quake 3 apparently already has for free? It's not the money, its the principle that is the problem here. I have a lot of respect for id but now I feel like they're treating all of us like saps and dirt clods, like how Activision and Infinity Ward treats their customers and basically steals money from their wallets directly.

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point
    lol? Sure these other games get mods for free but you still have to pay for the game.

So I guess if you go play SC2 and play many of it's custom game, it will cost you less than playing Quake Live on a free account right? I mean, the custom maps in SC2 are free, that completely negates the fact that you had to pay for the game in the first place, aye?

*Shadenine
    Exactly this is just a way to make a profit. you have to pay for a better quake live like you would have to pay for other online games. it but its not like you have to pay for each new update, if you did then I`d see what ur talking about but no.

SC2 + the 2 announced expansion packs = around 180$ in 2-3 years to get all the game updates. Quake Live = around 85$ to get 3 year's worth of new content.

Please keep in mind we're talking about Blizzard also, one of the only company that will actually make WORTHWILE expansion packs. I'm not flaming Blizzard, I just don't understand why people think they're getting scammed by Id.

Member FoxyLoxy is on a distinguished road
    Money isn't the issue here. You have all read my post completely wrong, all one of you.

*14tehmoney
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLoxy View Post
    Money isn't the issue here. You have all read my post completely wrong, all one of you.
    Because servers are not free to maintain.

If you like it and think its worth it buy it and play it.

If you don't think the price is worth what they're selling then don't buy it.

Your "economic morals" are stupid.

Senior Member FoXXX is on a distinguished road
    Quake 3 = 5 months of Pro Quake Live

Member Defeat is on a distinguished road
    QL has free servers all across the globe, Q3 doesn't. QL also has a ton more features by default and is easier for new players to get into. id didn't betray you. They simply want to keep the game alive. If they didn't start doing the payment plans, they would have to shut down QL.
    Terrible internet since forever.

*seminoob
    long lives cpma!

Closed Thread