+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do I have a faulty monitor? Screenshot inside

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I have a faulty monitor? Screenshot inside

In the map bunkers (forgot the exact name, it's the CTF map) there's these very bright neon lights on both sides of the base. When I move move mouse left to right kinda fast, my monitor freaks out and weird artefacts appear in/around the white spots. I have a 120hz CRT, is this normal? Is it simply because the color are way too bright compared to the rest of the map? Please I'd really appreciate if a few of you could test this for me, if it isn't normal I might try to find a new used CRT monitor.

http://i.imagehost.org/0637/quakelive.jpg

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    If you are able to take a screenshot of it, like you are here, then it is *not* an issue with the monitor. It is an issue either with your config, video card/drivers, or both.

Junior Member Ozh is on a distinguished road
    I dig the concept that someone takes a screenshot to check if the MONITOR is broken :)))))))

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point
    i dig the concept of idiots that can't read posts. I posted a screenshot to show the LOCATION of the issue I have. You don't see artefacts on the screenshots, do you? Although I agree the graphics look bad, 640*480 ftw.

+ Reply to Thread