+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill Ranking and Matchmaking Enhancements

Senior Member Atheism is an unknown quantity at this point
    This match making system will never work until significantly more players are playing Quake Live. There is a huge difference between skill in the group the "top 25%" of players. More difference so than any tier by far. This is why I thought more tiers would be better than less.

Member Sheeva is an unknown quantity at this point
    Jeah... the only opinion i have about it is, they did it so more servers are shown to us.
    Cause now i get a lot more servers to play on then before.... but now, a lot of unskilled players are on it.

They shrunk down the tier system so the variety of servers shrunk down too ... FU !!!!! That was intentional only cause the QL community was getting smaller every day.... now i can play on a lot of servers, but *** the guys dont even know where the weapons are n are just running around totally confused ... jeah skillmatched -_- and then on the other hand, there are the T6 guys on it. Mhm .. seems very skillmatched now.

FU ! FU ! FU ! .. First time im really angry about something, but you did NOT change the skillrating cause you reprogammed anything for the better of it... Ist just so we think the community is up again n we have some more servers to play on.

Premium doesnt work, there are barely a few servers on now and then. Freezetag is totally dead .... (was funny at the free prem and free freezetag weeks) but well, if it was monthly payment, i wouldnt do it again! Cause the only thing im playing now are old maps and old mods, but not cause i want to *sight*

Junior Member AkademikFIANa is on a distinguished road
    New match-making system in action:
    http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/st...96/ca/50146599
    1 (one) frag for the whole team for the whole game. 31 (thirty one) frags for the other team.
    And yes, there was a shuffle before the match started.

Junior Member human_being is on a distinguished road
    OK, I am a Premium account holder and I rarely see 'premium' games I can join. When I join a server of my tier, RARELY is it matched. I am generally in the bottom 5%. Frag counts like 5 or 6 in team games, where the top players are getting 30 or 40 frags. Sometime it's ridiculous. You get 2 or three guys completely dominating the game. The fun gets sucked right out of a game like that. Now If I go looking for a 'grey' server, I am doing a little better, but many times I am still one of the lowest scoring players. Bottom half to even the bottom. This is for grey severs FFS!!! And there are still guys slumming down a tier or two. They will tell you, it was the only server available. Sometimes that's true other times it is not. Can this not be stopped? Why let super skilled players come into a lower skilled match and just tromp on everyone. Your new players get sick of it and leave. Things seem to have gotten worse than ever since QL left beta. And I payed for it!!!!

Member Sheeva is an unknown quantity at this point
    Jeah well, thats just how it is.

For High Tier there are only grey n sometimes green servers they can join.

But atm the situation is the worst ever !

They didnt fix a thing they just shrunk down the tier system .. thats all.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    please state the gametype you are looking at if having problems.

also if you select 'all populated' from the server display filters you can see full severs too. In europe I havn't seen a night yet without some skill matched serves for top tier players for FFA, CTF and CA now that the top tier includes 25% of the playerbase.

*INKEYZ
    I actually have a stable skill of 29 and recently I can join skill matched FFA servers rated 64. Is it normal? Obviously I have epic losses.

edit:
    a suggestion:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post38820
    Last edited by INKEYZ; 10-06-2010 at 03:25 PM.

*INKEYZ
    Using the highest skilled player for server rating the overlap between different skill can be reduced.

*jaydillyo
    I'd love to see the stats run on CTF. Lots of games used to be close and now almost every game I play is a blow out. I know id has the stats. I'm sure they don't want to share them though as it would reveal what we already know. The new skill matching system sucks. I'm lucky if 1 in 4 games is even a little fun. I'm not going to stick around much longer to just keep getting kicked around.

*Dark_Magnetar
    I love the new skill matching system. Now in CA almost all my games are fun. Before ,after loosing 2-3 games I was matched against total noobs, after I win 2-3 in a row I was matched against some freaks. Now I play with some good and with some bad players in one game and it is much more fun. Today I was in a game in witch I felt I was the best player and I’m mediocre player and at the end Avekkk joined. I thought he was an imitator because I didn’t suck much against him (gave him a nice rail and a air rocket) ,but after the game ended I checked and it was him.

http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/ma...96/ca/50551255

+ Reply to Thread