+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Skill Ranking and Matchmaking Enhancements

*idFU
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrderFace View Post
    im about to the point of wanting my money back for this abortion
    I'm on the same boat.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We've just enabled on the site an experimental new configuration on the site for the next few days. We have disabled the ability to join servers one tier down (represented in the server browser by a gray down arrow).

This has been a highly requested change that we've had a lot of feedback about. To put it quite simply: we don't know, and want to find out what the effects of this will be. We've taken a look at our tier distributions, and everyone's player ratings, but in the interest of science, experimentation is the one true way to find out what will happen.

This may only be a temporary change. We're going to keep an eye out, and see what the feedback is like, and decide where to go from here.
    ^^ they're testing a change.

*Plutonium
    Tiers ;-(

10char

Junior Member DeathBot is on a distinguished road
    I am in the highest tier. I cannot play with my friends except on Pro Server or unrestricted Games anymore.
    This is silly. I just brought PRO a few days ago and it's not very nice to see that the game actually went worse for me.

A) Unrestricted servers are mostly empty. If not, you never knows who comes and maybe kills all my friends, because my friends are low skills and unrestricted mostly is high skilled. Thanks for forcing my friends to be get bashed now. It's better to have one high skilled on a server than having a bunch of who slaughter everyone IMHO.
    B) Pro Server, not very convenient. Create, invite, hardly get filled. Thats a problem of the representation and the UI. The system is great. But it's not easy to use and "to different" from the general spawned servers. People see this use-case and it's borked. Most don't care about Pro Server. Potential here hasn't been used completely at all. I know better from you here...
    C) Contact everyone to move to one server, thanks...

In the end I only have CA green servers and have to play everyday like hell now. There is even no more relaxing games possible now... Thats not what Quake is about. If you want to force pro gamers to play with pro gamers, to it. But redefine the term of "pro gamer" please. It can't be that I am in the highest tier already.

Conclusion: The system is IN-TRANSPARENT, separates users and didn't really help.
    I am sorry ID. But I don't see ANY "INCREASED MATCH QUALITY" somewhere on my highest tier.
    Maybe on 1-3 which is your biggest userbase, but hello? I payed money here.

Simple fix: Create a new account.

Anyways,

hope to get a complete new RANKING & SERVER SELECTION system....

Regards,

Banned MANthrax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBot View Post
    hope to get a complete new RANKING & SERVER SELECTION system....Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrderFace View Post
    you're not the only one who feels screwed over for paying for this... :/
    Members just got a new Facebook link in thier user profile. So that is the fix to increase membership.

It looks really slick and now I'm thinking about joining. I'm sure this was the brainstorm they've kept under wraps. It will build community and the memberships should start rolling in like mad. I'm sure once this kicks in everything will be better.
    Last edited by MANthrax; 02-17-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Junior Member Tibilich is on a distinguished road
    Hello,

To be on topic - please stop trying to create a system that can evaluate a player's skill because that just simply impossible. And by trying to do so you're ruining everyones game. There is no "perfect match" game because eveyone (lower tiers, higher tiers) can join. Don't tell me that 2 different tiers can't be in the same game cuz that's ******** (especially when lower tiers can join everything).
    I have one question: it's possible that a higher tier player deals less dmg on a lower tier player and vice-versa? (for example: in CA i hit 5 rail in order to kill someone or 4 direct rockets.... how can a lower tier player with 2 rocket splashes can deal 200 dmg? isn't the maximum dmg per rocket 100, only if you hit directly?).

Quote Originally Posted by Tibilich View Post
    Hello, To be on topic - please stop trying to create a system that can evaluate a player's skill because that just simply impossible.
    Do you even play this game? When are you due back in La La Land? If you're in a country where gambling is legal. We'll have "Cypher" the world champion create 5 accounts. Let him play around a bit to give the system some data. Every time he's placed in Tier 1 i'll give you 5,000USD and every time he's placed in Tier 4 you give me 1,000 USD. So 5-1 odds wanna bet me?

Junior Member Tibilich is on a distinguished road
    Apparently you don't understand what i'm trying to say. I'm talking about normal players, not the pro ones. I really don't know how the system is evaluating players skills (except win/loss ratio) so please enlighten me. If Cypher plays only with pros, he won't be on tier 4.

"ALL" players skills are based on the data. From noobs to you and I, that includes the Pros. You made the statement it was impossible and it is possible. It is an on going process much like predicting the weather or setting betting line in sports, horse racing, etc. I'm positive the formula is much more involved than win loss record. Hopefully a programmer can shed some light on how the formula is calculated and which data is used.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    lack of t4 ca games, maybe I should just start afking in every sever till it drops me down. Then i'll have games to play
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread