+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill Ranking and Matchmaking Enhancements

Junior Member Torniojaws is on a distinguished road
    Why is my skill rating 83 in an empty skill matched FFA server, when I cannot even complete a Your Skill Higher match with a positive Kill/Death ratio (for the past month)? Usually I'm in the last couple of positions with a K/D around 0.5 (unless, by luck, I find a reasonably even match with most people at K/D 1.0) :S It seems as if the skill matching no longer updates for FFA?
    Last edited by Torniojaws; 12-14-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Member PitValid is an unknown quantity at this point
    yeah please bring the matchmaking back.... and under the name the skill tiers from all game types

+1

Junior Member EvilPain is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PitValid View Post
    yeah please bring the matchmaking back.... and under the name the skill tiers from all game types

+1
    Yep... matchmaking is missing. And i really don't understand why ppl have to look in the ql-console to get informed about their current tier.

Junior Member Cambolicious is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilPain View Post
    Yep... matchmaking is missing. And i really don't understand why ppl have to look in the ql-console to get informed about their current tier.
    how do you check the console for your current tier?

*mrvain
    where to see my skill level (and ffa)? i don't see it in my profile.

Junior Member EvilPain is on a distinguished road
    Well join empty server and type "serverinfo" in the console (opened by pressing ^) then u can scroll up the console to see sv_skillranking. That is ur current skill-score.

Banned MANthrax is on a distinguished road
    I'm very happy they did this but I've played so many games that have been blowouts 8-0. The reason's are:
    1. People sit in spectator until after the shuffle and then jump onto the better team. They determine this by watching for the team that is short one player (which the formula should place the stronger players since they are missing one) and then they join that team.
    2. They will blow out the other team and then refuse to shuffle AND NO SWITCHING TEAMS AFTER SHUFFLE. If somebody leaves before game starts auto shuffle again.
    3. They will wait till a player leaves from the winning team and switch in mid game.
    4. Spectators will not join a losing team(which is their right). However, I'll always switch to losing team if they are short a player to try and make it enjoyable for all. Then that same person asked to join instead joins the winning team I just left. Sick. That spectator should not be allowed to join.
    5. Players average running speed needs to be included in the formula. Reason is if one team has a fast runner chances are he's out running the RL, which statistically is the weapon of choice for low to medium players.

People will always be strange and I'm not here to ask QL to fix that. But since you fixed the formula you realize the importance for the majority of people to have a good time. So here are the corrective actions:
    1. Pop up message to specs to join game prior to shuffle, if no response boot or lock out from joining till a team scores and place accordingly.
    2. Only loosing team needs to vote on shuffle or create auto shuffle.
    3. Players can only switch to a losing team or if winning team is short 2 players (only if winning by one point)
    Those of you that disagree with this should just play practice against bots on the lowest setting. QL needs to make this enjoyable to the MAXIMUM amount of players and not just the deranged that find pleasure in 8-0 games. I've played with people that enjoy blowouts but when a tier slummer joins the losing team and turns the tables they rage quit. Again, this may seem like a lot of requests and many people don't care but just look at the forums, tier slumming, fairness, shuffle. Make it enjoyable for the majority of players. Thank you and look forward to these changes.
    Last edited by MANthrax; 01-20-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Junior Member jdktoo is on a distinguished road
    yea, agree with MANthrax here. some ppl are just plain stupid on their behaviour and you should implement some automatism here and there to

Quote Originally Posted by MANthrax
    Make it enjoyable for the majority of players.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    "4. Spectators will not join a losing team"
    I join losing teams quite often. (mind you, I'll only join if it's like a 2 point lead...if it's like 5, 6, or 7-0 I'm just going to let the game finish before I join, as there's no point in trying to save a game that is doomed IMO.

Banned MANthrax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    "4. Spectators will not join a losing team"
    I join losing teams quite often. (mind you, I'll only join if it's like a 2 point lead...if it's like 5, 6, or 7-0 I'm just going to let the game finish before I join, as there's no point in trying to save a game that is doomed IMO.

I'm the same way, I will not join if its 5-0, unless I truly believed I could change the outcome (maybe once). The point is: Spec is asked to join and does not. Player from winning team jumps to losing team. Then spec joins vacancy on winning team. THIS SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN. Along with the other items I pointed out. And hopefully if they implement my suggestions blowouts decrease drastically.

+ Reply to Thread