Site Update - September 28, 2010
Today's update introduces 4 new arenas to QUAKE LIVE, improvements to our Skill Ranking system, and an extension of our existing Invite-to-Match system. Our Premium content Map Pak includes Devilish, a wonderfully Gothic themed map suited for Duel or small teamplay, and three small Clan Arenas including two highly requested Rocket Arena 3 fan-favorites: Somewhat Damaged and Thunderstruck. We hope everyone enjoys the new maps and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continuing to deliver additional content in the near future.
- Premium Maps added:
- Fatal Instinct
- Somewhat Damaged
- Small CA Public Servers: We are now running public Premium servers with smaller default teamsizes, running a mappool of small CA maps to help facilitate 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 Clan Arena play.
- Skill Ranking & Matchmaking Enhancements: More details in our latest DevBlog!
- Extended Invite System: We now allow every Pro user on a server to invite 3 standard users, instead of limiting 3 Standard users per Premium server.
- Existing Maps updated:
* Fixed Quad/MH dual spawn in FreezeTag, now only spawns Quad.
* Closed the window above the MH to reduce sounds on the map.
* Removed the bars from the RA overlook and added pedestals to make the jump to the RA Bridge.
* Moved the RA to the middle of the bridge to make it more dangerous to snag.
- Deleted some redundant spawns and marked some as initial. Moved a couple of the initial spawns for balance.
+ Added Quad/Invisibility combo to replace GL in all non-Duel gametypes.
* Switched the PG with a second RL.
* Moved the Plasma Gun to the RA room.
* Replaced the mid YA with a GA.
* Moved the Mid TP exit to between the original RL and the RA.
* Moved the MG ammo around into the hall between RA and LG.
+ Added another 25 health in the LG room.
- Black Cathedral
* Fixed the patches in the Undercroft that warped out of shape when using r_subdivisions 80.
* Aligned the Shotgun on its marker.
+ Added a bit of light to the the curve in the Undercroft Lower.
- Cold War
* Fixed floating jumppad.
- Dreadful Place
- 50hp removed from middle corridor
* 50hp in quad room swaped with 25 hp in upper SG room
* 25hp moved from RG room to GA room
* minor structural changes
- Quad room spawn removed
* RG room spaw moved a little
* spawn near YA moved a little
+ Added missing teleporter destination near the high YA.
- Furious Heights
+ Teleporter destination decals added.
* Minor changes to health and shard positions
* SG switched with PG
+ 2 additional spawns
- Several spawns removed from initial spawn selection
* Added weapclip to fix peculiar collision map issue.
+ Added teleporter destination decals.
* Fixed 5 texture misalignements near lava & fogpit.
- Japanese Castles
* Fixed vanishing walls in mid on CA.
- Lost World
* Fixed quad/health spawn in FT
* Changed to a "no railgun" layout
* Changed the pipework to make the pipe climb easier.
* Fixed light in column that wasn't properly sized.
* adjusted clipping at broken for easier access.
* adjusted clipping beside Quad for access to broken area.
* fixed RA JP back beam texture being mis-aligned.
* fixed RA JP detail trim protruding into MH room through roof.
* fixed SG+YA area pillar not touching ground.
* fixed all light flare texture alignments.
* fixed back face being drawn on metal pillar near upper Quad/RG JP.
* fixed clip brush incorrectly positioned at YA-SG floor curve.
* fixed clipping issue at light above MH stairs.
* fixed mis-aligned patch textue beside QUad SG.
* fixed mis-aligned texture on skylight trim at RA-window area.
* fixed mis-aligned texture on skylight trim at basement->RG-JP area.
* fixed mis-scaled texture on patch at exit of RA water corridoor.
* fixed poorly positioned brush at curve beside Quad.
* fixed various mis-aligned textures.
* fixed z-fighting beside RA pillars in water corridoor.
* lowered RA-window ceiling area so it's less visible from RA ceiling area.
* moved end vertical beam at RA to allow players through gap.
* raised RA roof area slightly.
* raised RG roof area slightly.
* raised roof in ** back corner room slightly.
* re-rotated Q bridge wooden planks & MH fallen plank to round rotation values to hopefully fix texture alignment loss.
* reclipped every concave patch to match lowest detail patches.
* tweaked Hints at Portal area.
+ added 2 x 5hp at RA window.
+ added 25HP at Quad Broken.
+ added another hint at upper RL.
+ added clipping to some convex patches that had none.
+ added grate below 50hp at **.
+ added hint at MH->Q JP.
+ added hint at RJ-JP.
+ added top trims to skylights at **/Q/RJ-JP/YA-SG.
+ clipped all banners/flags, except those at **.
+ clipped around RA+RG windows for easier RJing into them.
- removed 1 spawn at RA.