+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to improve my movements

Member 15ndp15 is on a distinguished road

How to improve my movements

I want some tips for improving my movements in ql with standard physic. With movements I mean cj, strafe but rj, plasma and nade + rocket combination too (expecially rocket jump obv.). Some important remarks: I'm not a new player and I want some advanced stuff like how to understand correct strafe and cj angle or how to do 2-3 rj in a row at high speed and maybe close space.
    I can do first 2 pad on raztrainql and i fall down at last jump on pad 3. I usually reach 450-500 ups with a cj and 500-550 at the second jump. I can do bridge to rail like 7-8 times out of 10. I can do all the rj practice map except last jump.
    I know that there is some script to see correct strafe angle but I don't know if I can use it in quakelive. For rj i think I can play race but the problem is the physic. Can I play this mode with standard physic maybe with some devmap commands? Do you have other tips?

Senior Member Riot_GrrL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 15ndp15 View Post
    I want some tips for improving my movements in ql with standard physic. With movements I mean cj, strafe but rj, plasma and nade + rocket combination too (expecially rocket jump obv.). Some important remarks: I'm not a new player and I want some advanced stuff like how to understand correct strafe and cj angle or how to do 2-3 rj in a row at high speed and maybe close space.
    I can do first 2 pad on raztrainql and i fall down at last jump on pad 3. I usually reach 450-500 ups with a cj and 500-550 at the second jump. I can do bridge to rail like 7-8 times out of 10. I can do all the rj practice map except last jump.
    I know that there is some script to see correct strafe angle but I don't know if I can use it in quakelive. For rj i think I can play race but the problem is the physic. Can I play this mode with standard physic maybe with some devmap commands? Do you have other tips?
    I read something about a custom HUD that shows the proper strafing angles as they change with your speed, but I was a bit drunk and it was very late, so I'm not even sure if I'm remembering correctly

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    The gaz hud cannot be used in QL.

You can race with with whichever physics, for example:

g_gametype 2
    devmap [mapname]
    callvote ruleset classic

Or you can callvote ruleset QL (slightly faster than classic, but used on most servers that aren't duel)

Anyways if you want tips you should probably post a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    The gaz hud cannot be used in QL.

You can race with with whichever physics, for example:

g_gametype 2
    devmap [mapname]
    callvote ruleset classic

Or you can callvote ruleset QL (slightly faster than classic, but used on most servers that aren't duel)

Anyways if you want tips you should probably post a demo.
    Ty for the answer!
    What do you want to see in the demo? Maybe tonight or tomorrow i can upload it.

Senior Member drunkenFooL will become famous soon enough
    Here are some you could strive for, but maybe you already can do these? Still, fun to see either way. (VQL stuff)

The plasma climb to RA on ztn with only 2 cells is a good one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsy17cu5Yes

Couple rocket jumps to RA on ztn:

Need part of the wall to do this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxuHLl20Y0

Need to chain the RJ to do this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9dObVM-Ew

Banned mapamapa is on a distinguished road
    Download Defrag for Q3 and jump around with gazhud. Helped me alot.
    Also learn half-beat strafe jumping. Without it your movement will be handicapped.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mapamapa View Post
    Download Defrag for Q3 and jump around with gazhud. Helped me alot.
    Also learn half-beat strafe jumping. Without it your movement will be handicapped.
    A lot of players might not know what anything of those things are, so you might provide that info to be extra helpful :-)

Thank for all the replies.
    @drunkenFooL: I'll try these 3 jumps.
    @mapamapa: I never play Q3, how can I play it? I'll try to do the half-beat strafe jumping.
    @Lorfa: you don't answer me about what I must put in the demo file.

Junior Member Hemmingfish is on a distinguished road
    You can play defrag without owning quake 3 by using OpenArena, which is an open source quake 3 arena with community content. It's fully compatible with the defrag mod and plays on the same servers (and it's what I use).

Junior Member Femto is on a distinguished road
    "My friend" did a stupid thing and mentioned what must not be mentioned. Voldemort. Sorry.
    Here is a modified version of that message:

"You can buy Quake 3 on Steam.
    Download the Q3 mod Defrag somewhere on the interwebz.
    Enable cgazhud in the in-game settings in defrag.
    Half-beat Strafe Jumping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3vIeLPPHs "

Apparently you can use OpenArena aswell.

+ Reply to Thread