+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quake Live: #tdmpickup StillBlaze "Excuse Me"

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road

Quake Live: #tdmpickup StillBlaze "Excuse Me"

So i have only been playing Quake casually again for a few weeks and decided i wanted to play mostly CTF/TDM this time around with a bit of Duels, rather then play stupid amounts of PQL Vamp on the Mino Mino server and well this is the result.

#tdmpickup

Youtube blocked it for most countries so i tried in Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/136107839

In case you want better quality or in America and the video isnt blocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtD7c_gbR7U
    "unload your cheats" (c) syncerror

Senior Member Kabuto is on a distinguished road
    Ok, first off - tdmpickup is a challenge, I find it ambitious, that you play it.
    It's good and I think, more People should play it.

You can see those teamkills in almost every game, even in competitive games like tournaments.
    I myself play tdmpickup occasionally and it just happens that you kill a teammember.
    And when it happens occasionally, no one will complain or call you names or whatever.

But from the video there are things that could be improved on your side imo..
    Just try not to spam and don't shot, when opponent and your teammates are alligned.

gl

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    Ok, first off - tdmpickup is a challenge, I find it ambitious, that you play it.
    It's good and I think, more People should play it.

You can see those teamkills in almost every game, even in competitive games like tournaments.
    I myself play tdmpickup occasionally and it just happens that you kill a teammember.
    And when it happens occasionally, no one will complain or call you names or whatever.

But from the video there are things that could be improved on your side imo..
    Just try not to spam and don't shot, when opponent and your teammates are alligned.

gl
    Most of those Rocket Launcher kills are just plain awful, running around firing at the absolute first reaction with little second guessing thinking i am about to hit a direct at 20+ meters lol im surprised there isnt more of those, mostly i guess the second you do one you know you have messed up.

I have not really any TDM experience before this other then knowing the map layouts from other game modes (CA ect) pub TDM is pointless since everyone load outs a Rocket Launcher with no self damage making the game near pointless to even practice on. Now i know the very basics of TDMPU i can start to play different positions on each map and run routes until i know them all and distinguish the best for newer player to play.

As far as TDMPU being a challenge and not that easy to step in, i would say anyone with a good understanding of Quake weapons and combat at a decent Tier4 level is probably ready to play. I have played against some of the better TDMPU players and am rarely finding myself in a situation where i am just out aimed with no chance to frag. I have some highly skilled friends who i am able to ask questions and strategy from so it might make it easier.

I want to play CTF too but im told the CTFPU is no joke and not for the non elite, so i can play Omega server for now since its still got some skilled players.

I learn fast so we will see where i am at after 50 more games.
    Last edited by StillBlaze; 08-15-2015 at 06:09 AM.
    "unload your cheats" (c) syncerror

+ Reply to Thread