+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: qlranks reliability

  1. #1
    Junior Member lint is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14

    qlranks reliability

    It seems qlranks has been having issues for a few weeks. Anyone know what is going on?

    Tonight, it is reporting a runtime error when you visit the site: Server Error in '/' Application

  2. #2
    Member TheThorne is on a distinguished road TheThorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    56
    It often does that think they take it down quite often. Anyway it will be gone soon anyway sooner the better for QLs sake. Sooner people can play for fun rather than worrying that if they swap teams to balance up they will get a big minus in their ELO. How many times in the last month have I played games with 7-3 players for that reason. Of course if people didn't quit as soon as their team starts taking a beating it would help but that will never change.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    319
    people still use qlranks ? thats sad


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf7PUx1mY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFZ32ZWj2I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWZluzBNxM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZA0cyPnA0

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzi832Me2U
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIuoU810g[/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by dji1 View Post
    people still use qlranks ? thats sad
    Why do you think it's sad?

    "sad" is really a loaded statement, I hope you have something to back yourself up.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 08-11-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

  5. #5
    Junior Member lint is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThorne View Post
    It often does that think they take it down quite often. Anyway it will be gone soon anyway sooner the better for QLs sake. Sooner people can play for fun rather than worrying that if they swap teams to balance up they will get a big minus in their ELO. How many times in the last month have I played games with 7-3 players for that reason. Of course if people didn't quit as soon as their team starts taking a beating it would help but that will never change.
    Thank you for responding.

    The QL shuffler doesn't work well, so I use qlranks to balance teams before starting. It does a pretty good job to prevent skilled players from stacking. Are we headed to a path where players just join teams without balancing?

  6. #6
    Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Thank you for responding.

    The QL shuffler doesn't work well, so I use qlranks to balance teams before starting. It does a pretty good job to prevent skilled players from stacking. Are we headed to a path where players just join teams without balancing?
    You do realize that qlranks pretty much doesn't work at all for team games right? It's placebo.

  7. #7
    Junior Member lint is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    You do realize that qlranks pretty much doesn't work at all for team games right? It's placebo.
    I hear that a lot, but I think that is arguable in regards to "doesn't work at all." I believe it has some value in regards to assessing the skill level of each player as an individual. A random shuffle could do the same, but I haven't seen the QL shuffle code to feel confident.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    You do realize that qlranks pretty much doesn't work at all for team games right? It's placebo.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if I'd like to hear what makes you say that, TrueSkill is well regarded the best team game system there is atm, and certainly in EU the 'elo' (really trueskill) balanced games prove out time and time again.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    You do realize that qlranks pretty much doesn't work at all for team games right? It's placebo.
    The part where it produces reliably even teams disagrees with you. Pisses me off, since it causes me to lose about half my games, but that's kinda the point.

  10. #10
    Member rhatboy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    37
    Sooner you forget about elo the sooner you will progress as a player, you will take more risks, go for shots you wouldn't normally and in general become more confident in you ability. Of course it's nice to have a high elo but you can tell some people are elo ***** when they are 2000+ and can't play to save their life. It is sad when you see people disco @ round 9... Sure they don't have to stay to watch there team lose but when they reconnect next map you know they are craving dat elo

    No way w-h-o-r-e is a banned word so many around

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts