+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why so Much hate for Loadouts????

Member BoLyDuDe is on a distinguished road

Why so Much hate for Loadouts????

I personally like loadouts, I only play for fun cos im not that good and i find "classic" quake, especially tdm that is my favourite, just too hard, particularly when you come up against good players.
    Why do people seem to hate loadouts soooooooo much?
    Although i am old enough to be an old skool quaker and therefore have 15 years experience in the game like some, i did not play q3 i preferred ut 1 at the time - wish i had played quake though !!

Member malfin is on a distinguished road malfin's Avatar
    well actually loadouts in public TDM are the only OK and perhaps the FT, who wants a challenge he can play on tdmpickup.eu classic TDM and classic FT on the public classic FT perm server, I hate it on FFA as most ffa players does and many actually left or started playing CA..its a mess in 16 players ffa the loadouts and unless you have really high lg like 40+ it usually takes just a good sg to win most games..on CTF and DUEL there are no loadouts still dont get it why it was forced in FFA which was always played well, i do understand the TDM that never worked on public (the classic one) so adding loadouts to public TDM was actually a good step (and the only one)..
    Last edited by malfin; 07-29-2015 at 07:55 AM.
    'Behave Nicely and Respect Other Players!' SAMPLERSERVER & [SAM] CLAN ; irc:#SAMQL ; website: www.samplerserver.com

Senior Member Riot_GrrL is on a distinguished road
    I guess because they are like those wide, flat paths through the woods so that people in wheelchairs can enjoy the great outdoors. It's lovely if you're in a wheelchair, but to everyone else it just seems that they are cutting down an awful lot of trees just so that 0.3% of the population can have access to where the trees used to be.

I don't even remember if I was here before the loadouts, but you only have to play an FFA game to see that it makes no sense whatsoever

Senior Member Patrol1985 is on a distinguished road Patrol1985's Avatar
    I have nothing against them either. If the majority of people enjoy them (and they seem to, they just remain silent so it seems like EVERYONE hates them) I think they're ok.
    Said on June 4th, 2015:
    <sponge> rocket should be powerful they are the backbone of what makes quake quake, and fun to use
    <sponge> a quake game with a weak rocket is a game that shouldn't exist

Said on July 27th, 2015:
    <sponge> ql is an old game based on an older game that was the worst selling of all the games in its franchise
    <sponge> who cares about its player numbers play it if you enjoy it watch it if you enjoy it

'Nuff said

Senior Member muckyman has a spectacular aura about muckyman has a spectacular aura about muckyman's Avatar
    Because,well,just because.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member drunkenFooL will become famous soon enough
    More thoughts on loadouts in this thread.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-Feedback-Poll

Member mapamapa is on a distinguished road
    Quake with loadouts is not even a good game anymore. For me it takes away all that makes Quake unique and fun.

In FFA it's completely broken. You might as well get rid of all the armors and weapons on the maps since they are basically useless anyway. Just have completely empty maps, the gameplay would still be the same.

It's absolute trash and the only reason people still play it is because the core mechanics of QL are so good.

It's like if you got rid of the money system in CS and everyone could just choose whatever weapon they wanted at the start of every round. Now even noobs could afford the AWP or auto-sniper, they would still get owned but might get some extra frags by pure luck. The game itself however, would be alot worse.

In TDM it's slightly different since the old TDM was dead. No one played it on public servers. It works better now than before but I think a better approach would have been to noobify the existing gameplay(and thus improving it) instead of changing it completely and stupify it. FFA-like weapon respawn times of 5 seconds, 10 minute games and maybe a global Quad timer would have done wonders.
    Last edited by mapamapa; 07-29-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Senior Member sophia is on a distinguished road sophia's Avatar
    My favourite mode (ctf, duh) was not affected by this loadout so I dont hate them but the main attractions to a mode such as tdm, what attracted me to it in the first place has now been pretty much killed. To me, tdm was originally like the fps version of a survival horror game like for example Resident Evil where you are limping along going out of your mind hoping to find some healing herb or a save point so you can relax... tdm was like this because you were scouring the map for hp bubbles and rationing your ammo so carefully, it was important to know things like where the specific ammo was, where the actual gun itself was, which of your team mates needed it, and much more.

Now, it is not just the loadout which has done this, but the loadout along with the universal ammo box, quicker weapon respawn time and taking away team damage, has destroyed what tdm is all about. Now it is ffa in 2 teams. Maybe the public servers of it were always a sort of ffa in teams, but now even moreso. Call it ffa in teams or clan arena without respawn wait/rounds, the point is it has lost its essence and been "casualized" which for some is a lot less appealing.

It is like putting training wheels back onto your bike after years of mountain riding. Not only does it feel stupid but it restricts the amount of skill you can apply in your technique and while this may be good for new people to learn it is not good for veterans. Not that I was ever a veteran in fact I only managed to play 2 or 3 games of proper tdm right before the update but I loved it and was hoping to get more into it but now it just feels silly.

Senior Member GnGBnG is on a distinguished road GnGBnG's Avatar
    well, instead of spawning with MG, make them spawn with HMG. its a strong weapon and it's enough to give anyone a chance.
    when you start to dominate in TDM, everyone in the other team starts spawning with rail, it's really annoying.
    8% accuracy is the new 30% accuracy

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BoLyDuDe View Post
    I personally like loadouts, I only play for fun cos im not that good and i find "classic" quake, especially tdm that is my favourite, just too hard, particularly when you come up against good players.
    Why do people seem to hate loadouts soooooooo much?
    Although i am old enough to be an old skool quaker and therefore have 15 years experience in the game like some, i did not play q3 i preferred ut 1 at the time - wish i had played quake though !!
    loadouts are great for ffa, it balanced everything out for player respawn defense. good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf7PUx1mY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFZ32ZWj2I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWZluzBNxM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZA0cyPnA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzi832Me2U
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIuoU810g[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread