+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QOS Settings?

Junior Member Vart is on a distinguished road

QOS Settings?

What settings should I be using to give QL priority? Here are the fields that are available from my router:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps18vjsvrh.png

Anyone?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Put these ports on highest, leave the IP limit fields blank unless you want to restrict it to your gaming PC's local IP.
    The remote IP range you'd have to leave blank.

5222 tcp
    27000 to 27999 inclusive udp
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-19-2015 at 04:20 PM.

So for protocol do i put tcp<<all

And application port 5222<<all ????

Where does the 27000 to 29999 udp go?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    what are the options in the dropdowns?
    what router is this, would make it a lot easier to figure out how the options can be set.

27000:27999
    is one convention for specifying a range.

on some you can do
    5222,27000:27999
    to set 5222 and then also the range for the others, but then that would have them all on one protocol setting, so you'd need a 'TCP & UDP' option, and someone running a very tightly restricted system may not want to open it up that much when the range really only needs UDP.

On others you may have to add entirely seperate rules, one for the UDP port range eg. one named 'quakelive-udp' and another 'quakelive-xmpp' for the single tcp port.

But, you don't really need to prioritise 5222 if you don't have problems with connecting/chat usually tbh. All of the actual gameplay data happens on the UDP port.

It's a dlink router. I posted a picture of the settings that are available in the first post.

Your picture shows that there are some drop down selection boxes.. It does not show what all of the options within them are hence my asking.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-22-2015 at 07:59 PM.

going on the support videos for the DLINK DIR-850L which has menu's the same as your picture, use

27000-27999
    in the application port section, and just change it from TCP to UDP in the protocol section.

Thanks for helping out. How does this look?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...psbb3uvvjg.png

yeah, I'd expect that to work, the only thing I'm wondering is still what options the drop downs give, especially the one under where you put the port range in, is it just a list of suggested ports ?

+ Reply to Thread