Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A question for the Premium Subscription

Member NiNez is on a distinguished road

A question for the Premium Subscription

The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:

* Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
    * An all new 'Freeze Tag' game mode
    In regards of this new price tag, how will clans compete against each other on the same playing field when CLAN A doesn't have the premium subscription like CLAN B?

I feel this will divide the community and leave alot of players frustrated, and possibly, lose the interest for the competitive nature of the game.

Respectfully,
    NiNeZ

*iSpade27
    I completely agree

*schokogurke
    Quote Originally Posted by NiNez View Post
    lose the interest for the competitive nature of the game.
    I disagree.
    It will simply mean that competitive play is done on the standard maps.
    Bonus maps are for fun and doodling.

I believe a strictly defined, static set of maps is important for Quake to become more sports orientated. One important attribute of a sport is that it's rules are carved in stone and never change (just imagine Baseball being played on a new map each season).

With this setup they can add new content without changing the core attributes of competitive Quake. I think it's clever.

That still doesn't address the question I previously asked, you went off into a tangent.

Players who don't subscribe with the premium service won't be allowed to compete with other clan members who did subscribe. Hence, not allowing complete competitive play for every player, or for every clan.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schokogurke View Post
    I disagree.
    Bonus maps are for fun and doodling.

I believe a strictly defined, static set of maps is important for Quake to become more sports orientated. One important attribute of a sport is that it's rules are carved in stone and never change (just imagine Baseball being played on a new map each season).
    Kind of like playing on a different stadium? Unless Boston's Green Monster is a rule for every stadium.

One person can invite 3 people. Which creates a total of 4. So really, you only need one person to invite the other 3 for a normal 4v4 match.

Junior Member SCRUM is on a distinguished road SCRUM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Kind of like playing on a different stadium? Unless Boston's Green Monster is a rule for every stadium.

One person can invite 3 people. Which creates a total of 4. So really, you only need one person to invite the other 3 for a normal 4v4 match.
    This is your answer.

*schokogurke
    Just to make sure I got you right - you mean, clan B has access to bonus maps which clan A has not? I did address this:
    Or is there hindering aspect in the new system which I don't know or understand yet?

*schokogurke
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    I was of course talking about the pattern, not physical instances

Junior Member fucquad is on a distinguished road
    Repeat after me...

"Mom, it's only two dollars a month! AND THEY'VE GOT SPECIAL AWARDS!"

Says who? I can easily see a conflict if one clan wants to play a premium map and the opposing clan cannot. Who makes the adjustment?

Closed Thread