+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WolfcamQL end game stats

Member serenyetti is an unknown quantity at this point

WolfcamQL end game stats

How to interpret the end game stats?

Here are 2 results from a same game.

Stats #1:

Stats #2:

What is the reason of 16935 frames out of 17280 (0.98) in Stats #1?
    What is the value inside the parentheses (2) in noMoveCount in Stats #1?
    Why do the warp and nowarp counts don't add to the total frames and what are the other 4 numbers on their right?
    What is the 2nd number in serverPing?

Member Weirdlittleeye is on a distinguished road
    i never checked properly what these should be, but my guesses are:

"x frames out of y" x < y means that the demo maker was "far away" enough to not catch everything that happened to the other player. yellow 0.98 is the percentage of frames captured

"warp x" tells how much this client was seen skipping around, "nowarp y" means how much it was seen moving smoothly, then you have x/y which tells how much this player warps on average, the green/red number is some statistical number that tells how far away from average server player warpiness this player is, green meaning that much towards less warpy and red meaning that much towards more warpy. last 2 not sure but looks like "severity"

well could check code as well:

Code:
    Com_Printf ("^7Stats for %s^3:\n", name);
    Com_Printf(" ^7kills: %d ^7deaths: %d ^7suicides: %d\n", kills, deaths, suicides);
    Com_Printf(" in %d frames out of %d ^3%0.2f\n", validCount, invalidCount + validCount, (invalidCount + validCount) > 0 ? (float)validCount / (float)(invalidCount + validCount) : -1);
    if (clientNum == cg.clientNum || (clientNum == cg.snap->ps.clientNum && cgs.clientinfo[cg.clientNum].team == TEAM_SPECTATOR)) {
    Com_Printf(" noCommand: (%d (^3%d^7) / %d) warp: %d nowarp: %d ", noMoveCount, noCommandCount, snapshotPingSamples, warp, nowarp);
    } else {
    Com_Printf(" noMoveCount: (%d / %d) warp: %d nowarp: %d ", noMoveCount, snapshotPingSamples, warp, nowarp);
    }
    if ((nowarp) > 0) {
    float f;
    f = (float)warp / (float)nowarp;
    if (f > avgWarp) {
    Com_Printf(" %.3f ^1+%.3f", f, f - avgWarp);
    } else if (f < avgWarp) {
    Com_Printf(" %.3f ^2-%.3f", f, avgWarp - f);
    } else {
    Com_Printf (" %.3f", (float)warp / (float)(nowarp));
    }
    } else {
    Com_Printf (" ");
    }
    if (warp > 0) {
    int sev;
    sev = warpaccum / warp;
    if (sev > avgSeverity) {
    Com_Printf(" ^7%d ^1+%d\n", sev, sev - avgSeverity);
    } else if (sev < avgSeverity) {
    Com_Printf(" ^7%d ^2-%d\n", sev, avgSeverity - sev);
    } else {
    Com_Printf (" ^7%d\n", warpaccum / warp);
    }
    } else {
    Com_Printf ("\n");
    }
    Com_Printf(" serverPing: ^3%d ^7%d\n", serverPingSamples ? serverPingAccum / serverPingSamples : -1, serverPingSamples);
    Last edited by Weirdlittleeye; 03-31-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Member serenyetti is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thank you very much.

What could be the cause if invalid frame count?

I have 2 demos in one of them which all the players have 0 invalid frame count and the game runs very smooth, while on the other the 4/9 of the players have 0 invalid frame count and 5 of them have down to 0.43 factor invalid frame count.
    In that high invalid frame count game the game was out of sync, I mean what I was seeing and what actually was happening was slightly different, like I was shooting player at point A but seemed he wasn't exactly at point A, at a slightly different position because the damage made was very low than normal.
    I'm trying to find evidence to support my claim regarding this issue happening for over a year and maybe the reason why it is happening is related with the invalid frame count. What do you think?

Member Weirdlittleeye is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, I haven't read the actual game code so I can only guess. As I understand it, you should have 1.00 of the frames of the demo maker in the demo, high numbers for teammates and lower numbers for the opposing team - so you should get different numbers in different player demos of the same game.

If you feel that there is something funny in player positions, the best thing I think is just to watch from the demo what happened there (in slowmotion possibly, /timescale 0.1 or such plays it back slower). My best guess is that in those cases you have fought against opponents who warp. Warping means that their positions/movement don't follow the game rules (as you'd expect, at least). It is a deliberate decision in server code from the developer's part (as there is no reason why it absolutely HAS to be allowed, other than lack of dev time).

+ Reply to Thread