Closed Thread

Thread: Are the rumours true? Is Quakelive ending soon?

Junior Member crm is on a distinguished road

Are the rumours true? Is Quakelive ending soon?

I've heard on the grape vine that Quakelive is ending in the next couple of months. Can anyone confirm this?
    crm
    twitch.tv/crm86

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Posts like that get removed as they're misinformation and damaging to the company, but then people try to claim it must br true as its been removed.

Its absolutely not true, synceror was already forced to comment on reposts:

Quote Originally Posted by Syncerror View Post
    The posted information was incorrect and heavily misleading the public.

Junior Member crm is on a distinguished road
    Okay, well its a random thing to lie about. No smoke without fire etc. I hope it isn't true.
    crm
    twitch.tv/crm86

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I'd hardly call it random, people have been flat out stating it as fact since 2009

The original Quake is STILL being played, still available on steam even.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crm View Post
    Okay, well its a random thing to lie about. No smoke without fire etc. I hope it isn't true.
    You're kidding aren't you? Ever since open beta people have been claiming that QL is dead / dying / about to be terminated. The internet is full of trolls dontcha know. No smoke without fire is one of those classic rumour mill phrases. Well Done.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member G0TyPWNS is on a distinguished road G0TyPWNS's Avatar
    What would be the point of shutting it down? I dont get it.. And what exactly do you mean by shut down? Completely closed or just remove the support?

imo i feel quakelive is doing very well based on what kind of FPS it is. You cant really expect to gain a huge mass of new players into games who take effort and practice like Quake.
    Last edited by G0TyPWNS; 03-15-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emexrulsier View Post
    dont care what sync is saying to the public quakelive is ending sooner than you think
    ..and how soon do we think exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by G0TyPWNS View Post
    And what exactly do you mean by shut down? Completely closed or just remove the support?
    Those two would be the same thing.

Member YourOlympicHer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    If the game's really dying - I hope the devs make the whole game downloadable as a farewell gift. Otherwise the last 5 years have been a complete waste.

Volunteer Moderator Xaero is on a distinguished road
    This rumour mill is ridiculous. The words of those who actually know what is going on are ignored.
    Cleaned, Closed.

Closed Thread