+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Easy WYSIWIG CONFIG control Panel

Member HansGruber is on a distinguished road HansGruber's Avatar

An Easy WYSIWIG CONFIG control Panel

With crossair selection and cursors for sensitivity and FOV per weapon,
    so no one except Yakumo will ever use the console for it again.
    Something a noob can easily control, the real thing that miss to that game.
    Last edited by HansGruber; 03-08-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
    With cursors for sensitivity and beam per weapon,
    What do you mean by 'beam'?

Changing sensitivity for each weapon is not a good idea even. Very few top players do this.

Something a noob can easily control, the real thing that miss to that game.
    Why would a 'noob' want to do this, especially when it might even put them at a disadvantage?

so no one except Yakumo will ever use the console for it again.
    I would, but that's just my style. I don't even press join, I \team a in console :-p

Senior Member M0SLEY will become famous soon enough M0SLEY's Avatar
    Hans have you looked through the advanced options menu? You can configure like 95% of the commands that actually matter in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    What do you mean by 'beam'?
    My bad, i misplaced the word beam. I edited first post.

Changing sensitivity for each weapon is not a good idea even. Very few top players do this.
    So these top players can easily stick us to their lgs while we invoke Yakumo fairy for understanding config.

Why would a 'noob' want to do this, especially when it might even put them at a disadvantage?
    Because even in T1 some guys got lg config and can make a fast massacre of two / rounds mid in campground.

I would, but that's just my style. I don't even press join, I \team a in console :-p
    It's not like i was suspecting you from being sarge in the DINO(saur) clan, isn't it? WEB 3.0 !!! Lasers! Fireworks! Robots! Quake would benefit from entering 21th century for good with easying the access to config a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by M0SLEY View Post
    Hans have you looked through the advanced options menu? You can configure like 95% of the commands that actually matter in there.
    But we still have to enter complex stuff in the fake config weapons panel, which never works for me.

Senior Member M0SLEY will become famous soon enough M0SLEY's Avatar
    But we still have to enter complex stuff in the fake config weapons panel, which never works for me.
    Can you post a screenshot of your weapon config tab? You've probably made a small mistake that could be fixed in 2 minutes...

My tab is empty, i dont use it, everytime i tried to modify one weapon, it modified all my weapons settings. I guess i'm doing something wrong that a cursor would remedy.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    The system has no magic way to know what you're previous weapon settings were.
    You either have to put defaults into the field with the infinity symbol, and then any weapon change to a weapon without a specific setup in its field will use them, OR put the settings you want for each weapon into the field for that weapon (even if they're all the same bar one weapon)
    multiple commands must be separated by a semi colon ";"

eg. to have a custom sensitivity for the railgun

put sensitivity 10 in the railgun slot
    put sensitivity 2 in the infinity slot

OR
    put sensitivity 10 in the railgun slot
    put sensitivity 2 in every single other slot

to change fov and sensitivity for multiple weapons -

cg_fov 110;sensitivity 10
    cg_fov 100;sensitivity 7
    cg_fov 90;sensitivity 6

then either leave the the rest blank, but put what you want for cg_fov and sensitivity all other weapons into the infinity slot, or fill in all the empty slots with the specific cg_fov and sensitivity settings you want for them.

In all honesty though, this is advanced config for very serious players, there is absolutely no point doing this if you're mid level tier 4 or lower, it's absolute fine tuning. by far the majority of players just keep one fov, one sensitivity, and that goes right up to the very very top level of play. This is not going to take someone from tier3 into tier4, or even a tier4 player into a strong t4 player, but it might gain you a little consistency at a higher level.
    If you mess with it and find it a big improvement then you almost certainly just found a better fov/sens on one weapon, that you should instead be using for all.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 03-08-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    So these top players can easily stick us to their lgs while we invoke Yakumo fairy for understanding config.
    I don't understand this sentence.

Because even in T1 some guys got lg config and can make a fast massacre of two / rounds mid in campground.
    I can't seem to understand this either.

The few times that I've seen tier 1 players, they rarely even move and shoot at the same time. They might 'massacre' some players who also weren't moving, not sure.

As for "lg config", how would you know what their config is?

Quake would benefit from entering 21th century for good with easying the access to config a little more.
    There is a menu. If they added sliders for sens and fov for each weapon it would look even more complex than it is.

It's a distinct possibility that the menu could be improved (I would like a mouseaccel option there for example), but imo so far you haven't made any particularly good concrete suggestions.

Thank you Yakumo, i did what you wrote with my preferences and it works great just like i wished it to. Im low end T3, but i can assure you it will change a lot my game play, i like to play with the wrist, long distance rails at 17 were a little tricky ( i hear Mosley's laughing at my accuracy from miles). 5 for lg and rail is just fine for me.

+ Reply to Thread