+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So many people hacking lately

Member Revsta is on a distinguished road

So many people hacking lately

This used to happen so infrequently that accusing someone of hacking was an easy way to tell someone was a newb, or someone sucked. But I've been in at least 3 games in the past week where someone was hacking, and it was either obvious to the entire server, or to a handful of people. Kids getting 50% LG in CA matches, as their highest damage weapon, after 7+ rounds, hitting 67% rail after the same number of rounds, and everyone is afraid to speak up about it.

Someone at ID needs to address this, cause it's really just ruining games. At first you think someone is just good, and then a few rounds later when it's 1 to 7 and they're 2k damage higher than everyone else, not tier slumming, and have those accuracies I mentioned above.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    ye ppl are directly ashamed to speak about the elephant in the room, but it is a severe problem that needs adressing.

can't have users only to track these guys down, needs some sort of protection for the servers.

your post is spot on.

Member Cobra is on a distinguished road
    Since Quake Live is on steam and separate launcher I don't think servers can be VAC protected.

If QL goes to steam only then maybe you could have VAC turned on all servers.

VAC is not perfect but way better than nothing.

Member sparxon is on a distinguished road
    VAC= Valve Anti Cheat??
    It only works on source engine games published by Valve (i.e TF2, CS, LFD)

Junior Member Larix is on a distinguished road
    no hax here bruh

Junior Member pitchatan is on a distinguished road
    Yes, cheating is incredibily wide spread in quakelive nowadays.
    You have the simple to see aimbotters or the blatant wallhackers running around with their nose into walls the majority of time.
    But you also have the people that work hard not to get "detected", which sadly is a common issue in duel and ca at the moment.

Though there is a simple solution, buy pro and create your own servers.
    Kickban anyone that seems off or if you just want to maintain a level playing field(not everyone is a cheater...)

quakelive/id/whatever will not support you in anyother way right now so all the maintaining of community or fair play is completely up to the players themselves to maintain.
    That means you will all have to take a more active role and actually behave like a community.

If that is something you all would be interested in that is..

Junior Member Ir0n is on a distinguished road
    support still in vacation?

Senior Member Emexrulsier is an unknown quantity at this point Emexrulsier's Avatar
    Tbh yes I am sure people cheat but you also get so many people calling cheat when they see a player very well skilled who is exactly as you mention, 50 lg, high rails and loads more damage (higher damage cause he is higher acc and hitting more) but they just can't simply accept that they play better than themselves.
    There are three kings of people in this world, those that can count and northerners

Member Revsta is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Emexrulsier View Post
    Tbh yes I am sure people cheat but you also get so many people calling cheat when they see a player very well skilled who is exactly as you mention, 50 lg, high rails and loads more damage (higher damage cause he is higher acc and hitting more) but they just can't simply accept that they play better than themselves.
    As I said, there's always been people calling "hax!" etc, but in the upper tier games you don't get people just calling hacks seriously, and if you do it's few and far between. But let's be honest. If LG is your TOP DAMAGE WEAPON in a CA match, and you're 12+ rounds deep, and you're hitting 50-55%, you're hacking. That's all there is to it. No one on the Earth hits 55% consistent LG as top damage and is in #1 12 rounds deep unless the server is filled with ****ters and AFKs, which top tier servers are not. And it's pretty obvious to experienced players when someone is walling or botting for aim, but because of people like you, people don't want to step up and make legitimate accusations, get demos etc.

Junior Member pitchatan is on a distinguished road
    Unless you have people like hal,k1llsen,silencep etc playing on the server.
    Hell, i have hit 45-50% at times (granted it was against "weak" opponents)..
    What you should be looking out for is newly created accounts, or accounts who from hitting between 25-35% on average who all of a sudden make a leap to 45+ every other game.

+ Reply to Thread