+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: so how do you get into a tier

Junior Member BaleFire is on a distinguished road

so how do you get into a tier

Just started playing this game...and the one thing I want to know is where are the ranked games...all there are is open games with players that abuse you for not being the best on the server...and saying that playing the best players will improve my game,as I was told,is just stupid..

it is really hard to get a feel for QL when you last all of 3 seconds most rounds.
    and why are people so abusive..of the games I have played all people do is abuse each other in chat.

no wonder QL cant hold a playerbase,sure the rusted on ones hang around,but new players are treated like dirt.

last game i played I had a guy who didnt even own the server move me from team to team then to spec to team then spec to team to spec for half of the entire match.

I reallyu do not see how this game can move forward and get new players.

Senior Member M0SLEY will become famous soon enough M0SLEY's Avatar
    Browse servers and look for skill matched games, don't use the play now button.

lol...there are none..only 2 or 3 spawned servers running with maybe 12 to 16 players between them..and I learnt very quick not to use that button..I cant remember what country it was but I have 400 ping abouts.

every server that has people is an open one...

Ahhh, I forgot you're from Aus. It would make sense that you have a smaller playerbase.

What game mode are you playing though? I would have thought that you'd have some T3 Clan Arena servers.

Just CA and FFA..no t3 at all..but I was told there used to be a much larger player base but due to a lot of players playing below their tier with throw away accounts ( i found it very strange that you can make an account with a fake email ..is this true) a lot of people have left and not returned...I really like the game..but it is hard to have fun when you only last 3 seconds or are getting told how garbage you are every round.

but the good news is I did manage to have a fun 3 rounds of ca today..it was really good.

so I will stick around for a while..it would be nice to get a ranked game in..but it dont look like that will happen soon.

Well that sucks, but maybe if you post some demos up then people on here can give you some advice on how you could be more successful and hopefully not get flamed in future.

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    If u want an advice from me.... Play small FFA Servers for the start if u can (like 8 - 9 ppl). Dont join CA Servers when they are named like "2000+ elo only" - u can expect a kick soon there. If u want to know your elo or the one of others on server u can use EXTRAQL - google it, it also has a better server browser. But yeah it seems to me that CA communtity is overall (u cant blame all players, some are nice) very abusive, also here in EU thats why i stoped playing it.

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Look for a guy named 4n4gr4m. Hes a kiwi, and is really cool. Should be able to help you find better games.

DNA
    Drunk Clan
    #IRC
    North America, Join the party, here!
    Europe, Join the party, here!

Enough is enough; and sometimes enough is too much!

Senior Member inertiacreeP is on a distinguished road
    After you play enough games, you'll be placed into your appropriate tier.

I suggest you play free for all, you can choose your favorite weapon and practice. There's no teams and you can explore and learn the maps.

If you get whooped for a while just stick with it. Ffa usually has lower skilled players vs clan arena and you'll get into a lower tier more appropriate for you in a few matches.

there just are not enough players in Aus...i have only seen the same 20 players or so..and that seems to be it..
    I will stick around for a bit ..but in Aus quake is dead.

and yeah I also seen some site(http://www.4seasonsgaming.com/) that seems to have these elite QL players on it that look like that are hacking in every game(and seeing as you cant call names out on the forum I wont name them) but they were saying to me that I can only improve if I play people that are above my skill..now I may be wrong,but this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life...

last night in a game there was 2 new guys(me included) and some guys that were ok..and 4 players that were really good and one guy that flew around the map railing and Gaunting people in mid air..the lower skilled guys lasted maybe 5 secs every round( i know I did).

my point is these high skill players keep pointing out how bad the lower skilled players are did nothing to offer advice or even up teams,but this one guy with the air melee frags was either blatantly hacking or better then any FPS player I have ever seen (yet his team still lost with his score at almost 150).

quake has a big problem in Aus..no new players seem to want to stick around as all they cop is flack from the more experienced players.
    on advice I RTM,did try to do some training stages (the strafe jump one looks fun but I got to work out how to get that working yet).and kept low ingame and did my best.

dont get me wrong I love this game..I just hope to find more people to play with that are a bit more fun to play with.

thanks for all of the advice though guys.

+ Reply to Thread