+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is QL dying?

Member EVeares is on a distinguished road

Question Is QL dying?

It seems to me that most public matches are FFA. On a dozen are CTF and even fewer are iCTF and iFFA.

Senior Member swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy's Avatar
    You need to change your game filter to see more games..

Here is the state of QL today..

http://ql.leeto.fi/#/

3,000 Active players at the moment.. From all around the World..

Also iCTF and iFFA. is a very small community now..
    Last edited by swampy; 02-13-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    It may seem like it but its not people were saying this years and years ago about the quake community and its still here and a lot of people from back then are still here too, noobs come and go and some of them stay and find a place in the community and settle here for a very long time, maybe from time to time they have a little break but their heart is here and they are always drawn back, even if they want to stay away sometimes they can't

There is no better game out there Still to this day than Quake and its here for a long time yet my friend believe me.
    And do you know what this community needs more than anything ? Its a Place for Clans to come together and compete watching Pro players playing 1v1 and owning all is nice for a while but there must be room for something else, to Expand and Grow and Progress to a better Future for all. QuakeCon is nice but yet again its single players in tourni's.

There should be somewhere for Clans to compete and share the stage too, to be able to meet up in real life but also a base for us to play all year round, A real nice addition to the Quake Live site would be such an extension into this area

Sometimes we all feel this way but once we get in the Arena and have some fun fragging with friends we remember what its all about, get in the zone and own while laughing your **** off with others

Its Alive !

Cheers Turb
    Last edited by Turbulence; 02-13-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Senior Member swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy's Avatar
    There should be somewhere for Clans to compete and share the stage too, to be able to meet up in real life but also a base for us to play all year round, A real nice addition to the Quake Live site would be such an extension into this area
    A lot of Clans do get out and scrim, play together et,al.. They have been doing it for years.. I don't understand what you are saying?
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Junior Member oplopolo is on a distinguished road
    3,000 active players in Quakelive worldwide.

Well that explains a few things I didn't understand before.

Maybe we should hand it all over to EA: see what happens.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
    There was no better game out there Still to this day than Quake 3.
    I adjusted your post slightly. :~P

Ah... miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    A lot of Clans do get out and scrim, play together et,al.. They have been doing it for years.. I don't understand what you are saying?
    Almost sounds like he described clanbase from Q3. Maybe it expanded into Qlive as well - not sure since it was primarily the Euro portion of the community back then.
    Last edited by infntnub; 02-14-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.teamp4f.net/Home_Page.php

Banned test_pilot_01 is on a distinguished road
    It is dying, but very slowly.
    I already find it harder to find games now than this time last year, there are hours where only one FFA server is populated.

http://ql.leeto.fi/#/ shows

- 80K matches/day before the steam update
    - 220K matches/day right after the steam release
    - a gradual decline back to 80K matches/day in the last four months.

So basically all the effort that went into the Steam update had a net result of ZERO as of today.
    But it probably show a negative effect in the next 4 months. The changes made for the Steam release (loadouts, announcer, etc) seriously pissed off the veteran players. Syncerror was basically thinking "I don't need them, I will be drowning in Steam noobs by Christmas".
    Well the Steam players did fill the servers for a few months, but then they trickled away. But the veteran players, we are still pissed off.

Syncerror turned QL into a joke, and has no intention to reverse course.

*MyNameIsZlatan
    As a veteran Quake player, on QL since September 2009, from being a noob to semi-pro level (im not that good, but I did my part in playing vs pros, I played vs almost all of them, ofc got ass kicked) after six months I come back and see that cheaters can still do whatever they please. couldnt hit 40+ most of the time, but random noobs are hitting it 50+ and noobs seems dont understand that ITS IMPOSSIBLE. At least, it was six months ago. They claim that they got better, YEAH RIGHT.

Admins never took care of those kind of players, never listen to a single thing we had to say, heres the result. Quake was never in the worse shape than like it is today. This game exp. is GARBAGE. Farcry from what it used to be.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-16-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Member me is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by test_pilot_01 View Post
    I already find it harder to find games now than this time last year, there are hours where only one FFA server is populated.
    Well they just need to make classic FFA ranked to fix that, so I'm sure they will. The sooner the better.

AFAIK SyncError had nothing to do with the loadouts/hmg thing. Whether it was a bad thing or not is debatable I'd say. No one knows.

I think this idea was the result of a deep misconception though ('People don't like Quake as it is, we need to change it').

Member Cobra is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Well they just need to make classic FFA ranked to fix that, so I'm sure they will. The sooner the better.

AFAIK SyncError had nothing to do with the loadouts/hmg thing. Whether it was a bad thing or not is debatable I'd say. No one knows.

I think this idea was the result of a deep misconception though ('People don't like Quake as it is, we need to change it').
    I have had numerous people who came to QL through steam wonder what this loadout stuff is about as it was not in Quake or Q3 Arena when they played it.

I then explain that up until recently there were not loadouts in QL either.

+ Reply to Thread