+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stationary weapons? / vehicles?

Senior Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road

Stationary weapons? / vehicles?

I'm not sure about vehicles, but I think in CTF or A&D, a few stationary weapons would add some fun. Like a cannon that's bolted to the floor in a base, or maybe just one in mid-map. It would have no ammo until you brought some for it. Maybe the ammo would spawn in the bases, but you could only use the ammo that spawned in your enemies base. Or maybe it would load itself at random intervals, so it might come on line when you are being pressured in defense, or it might not.
    It would be a pretty big departure, but I think it could work in certain team-games as an optional inclusion. Vehicles might also add some fun on these game types. Not something with weapons or something that totally protects those inside. More like just something one guy can use to bring a bunch of his team mates to the enemy base. It would spawn mid-map at random intervals or maybe spawn on a weapon spawn but randomly and very rarely. I think it would encourage team play on public servers rather than just have a bunch of FFA-ers all trying to be the one who gets the flag and doing their own thing.
    Speaking of which...a one time only "team talk" option might be good on all team games. I know you can have a timeout, but calling it that, just leads people to think you've gone to the toilet. Anything that encourages teams to work as an organised team, has gotta be a good thing

Senior Member swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy's Avatar
    Go play Halo... End of story..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Junior Member ardor is on a distinguished road
    Yeah I think the legitimacy of Quake is under threat. It needs kill streaks imo, helicopter for 7 kills just like cod 4 was perfect for pub games.

Senior Member GnGBnG is on a distinguished road GnGBnG's Avatar
    i keep telling ya guys, kids just aren't satisfied with quake gameplay, they need more stuff that goes WOOOOSSSHHH and BOOM.
    8% accuracy is the new 30% accuracy

Banned assholian is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GnGBnG View Post
    i keep telling ya guys, kids just aren't satisfied with quake gameplay, they need more stuff that goes WOOOOSSSHHH and BOOM.
    5/6 kids I show Quake are perfectly fine with it.

Junior Member LazySpartan is on a distinguished road
    There was honestly nothing wrong with classic Halo
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with halo, I got my nametag from there.

So, assholian, or should I call you MichaelJackson?
    I don't want to be rude, nor offensive but I have to talk about something that bugs me.
    At the short time I used to spend on the forums, I always saw you posting mile long comments on a topic, how it should be, how it is not working now, etc. Not that I have problem with that but you said your goodbye a few weeks ago didn't you? You made a very touching post about how things should work at id or Bethesda or whatever, then you said you made your decision and you leave ql. It was weird becouse the most of us didn't even knew you were present. Some guy posted the same thing, quitting ql, bye bye to all. You posted that it's good to see that you had an influence with your quitting. Not long after that you come back with another account, pointing out that you are MJ. (Here comes the part where many will hate me) Talking about competitive depth, playing mindgames, and that so many players W+MOUSE 1 the whole game, yet you are T2 or T3 in every gamemode. I don't really see competition in those tiers, especially not mindgames, exception is duel. (I also am T3 in many gamemodes for the record) Still you talk about these things as if you were T4/T5, where the real competition begins IMO. Here again, you tell that 5/6 kids like ql when you introduce it to them, who are you man? the jesus of quakelive?
    To summarize it up, you are still here, posting. I don't know if you still play, and TBH I don't really care, but you kinda seem like an "attention whole" to me.

No hard feelings, I am not a hater. It just bugged me, and I had to tell.

Junior Member whiplash is on a distinguished road
    What I could possibly even respond to this post without getting banned is beyond me. But I'll try. The word Battlefield does not begin with the letter "Q." You may have downloaded the wrong game off Steam.

Junior Member oplopolo is on a distinguished road
    Kids are smaller versions of adults; and not assuming any one being the next Zuckerberg.

Senior Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road
    The tone of these replies is exactly what I expected. Kind of ironic considering most seem to be adopting a stance of maturity. Calm down, ladies; I'm not MAKING these changes. I just think a few little additions to the occasional CTF game now and then - even just on holidays or something might break up the monotony.
    The only change I'd really like is the ability for a single brief time-out on CA servers for strategy talks. Except it would just get abused by trolls like most everything else. Even if each player only got one time-out per game

Junior Member d00mDooD is on a distinguished road
    I only go on the forums with this account so before anyone jumps and say "you dont play so your opinion means ziltch" i have been around quake long enough to actually agree with skeletonface. Since the runes have been taken away, which added another dimension to game play, maybe they might add something different, and i like the idea of weapon mounts in CTF if they are going to completely erase runes. Vehicles.. mayyybe a tad too much considering soooo many people would exploit it. But you never know. Vehicles were in Quake 4 in the campaign so they are in the series...

+ Reply to Thread