+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam and Quakelive

Junior Member poveda is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Steam and Quakelive

I do not want to use steam to play QuakeLive due to problems with steam. I uninstall it so I need to play QuakeLive without any kind of connection with steam by. I would need to play without steam please promptly

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    Have you tried to load the stand alone version? Im not sure it will work if you registered through steam but its worth a try.

Go to www.quakelive.com and you should be able to download it there (non-steam version).

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    You can request [email protected] to disconnect your account from steam so you can use that account via the standalone client.

If I were you I'd try and work out what the issues with steam were though tbh (try just disable the steam overlay for QL?) , more and more games need it, and many of us hope QL will go steam exclusive too, among other things to get VAC with any luck.

Senior Member swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy's Avatar
    and many of us hope QL will go steam exclusive too

Errr I'd take a vote on that first.. I see a lot of problems with people that linked to their Steam Account..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I've seen maybe about 6 people, 2 of which simply hadn't copied their personal cfg settups/hud's into their steam folder as they hadn't realised it wouldn't just use the same location (steam installs everything within the steam folder unless you force it not to).

The others I suspect placebo, or they must have been running on severely resource deprived machines (looking at steam taking less ram that a browser or some chat clients, and 0% CPU). I don't currently recall any of them actually giving any actual reasons for wanting to swap back, or show any sign of an attempt to seek any other resolution to whatever their problem may have been.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 02-03-2015 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread