+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Female gamers

Junior Member UK_Vixen is on a distinguished road

Female gamers

Is there any need to verbally abuse us female gamers? i got told over and over again tonight that i was going to get "**** punched" just because i was female and i was ****........duh i came top!
    When will some people grow up!
    Last edited by Xaero; 01-23-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: language, quotes not ok.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    That is absolutely not acceptable

see -

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    QUAKE LIVE Communication-Guidelines

Terms of Use

In addition, you agree not to use the Services or the Website to:
    • upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
    etc

Basically send evidence of such things (demo preferably) to [email protected] (prefferably via http://www.quakelive.com/#!support if you are a subscriber ) and action will be taken, depending on severity/previous behaviour : warnings, temp bans, and in extreme cases permbans.

Junior Member SpazzyGirl is on a distinguished road
    I grew thicker skin...although it hasn't been so bad for me lately. Only a few baddies I've come across recently where they seemed offended by my gender. Girl power....they can suck my rocket. <.<
    SPAZZ-O-MATIC

Senior Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road
    How is it relevant what gender you are? Nobody should have to put up with talk like that if they don't want to. Unfortunately, we all DO have to unless we either stop playing, stop reading the chat, find out where the offending party lives and go sort it out, or turn off chat (if that's possible). You got the same six options everyone else has. (The other is to report them, but what's the point? If it worked, more people would do it. If more people did it, it wouldn't work)
    Just remind yourself that they wouldn't be angry at all if they were winning. Let them eat a few chat-frags while they type that sort of thing, too. I just have a few binds that sound like replies, just to keep them typing.
    I'm not female, by the way, but neither is that at all relevant to Quake chat. Neither are half the players who claim to be. There's no earthly reason for other players to even know your gender. I picture ALL opponents as overweight, drooling mouth-breathers with acne. Who cares what gender or nationality they are? They are little green guys you have to kill. If there's some kid in a bedroom somewhere, getting angry because you are better than him/her, then that can be a bonus... IF you even bother to consider that there might be a human there at all.

Junior Member UK_Vixen is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't mind but I've received a warning email for my language on here and I haven't sworn.....well not properly as I've used various symbols.
    I'm 42 and not an old fuddy duddy who gets offended by every little thing.......I'm quite broad minded and not easily offended.......but language like I received on a public server to me is unacceptable and I do have the players names who were saying this to me.
    just seems very pathetic that fellow gamers have to resort to such language......such a shame

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_Vixen View Post
    I wouldn't mind but I've received a warning email for my language on here and I haven't sworn.....well not properly as I've used various symbols.
    I'm 42 and not an old fuddy duddy who gets offended by every little thing.......I'm quite broad minded and not easily offended.......but language like I received on a public server to me is unacceptable and I do have the players names who were saying this to me.
    just seems very pathetic that fellow gamers have to resort to such language......such a shame
    Take a screenshot and/or capture a demo and submit it to QuakeLive support.

Senior Member Patrol1985 is on a distinguished road Patrol1985's Avatar
    I feel sorry for you girls. No reason should be used to attack other people verbally, but going for one's sex is probably as low as it gets. The best you can do is report it and supply demos / screenshots. As weird as it sounds, consider those insults trophies. You managed to be better than some guy in a male-dominated game, which is notorious for its learning curve and average skill level.

Kudos to you!

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    There is also
    /block playername
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_Vixen View Post
    Is there any need to verbally abuse us female gamers? i got told over and over again tonight that i was going to get "**** punched" just because i was female and i was ****........duh i came top!
    When will some people grow up!
    The fact is no one even talks about what sex they are unless they are female, ive never once heard a gamer say "i am male" but ive heard pretty much every female state for the record "i am female"

This is the internet, everyone and anyone can and will get trolled on a regular basis, if its not because your female its going to be because your LG sucks.
    "unload your cheats" (c) syncerror

Senior Member pwnr is on a distinguished road pwnr's Avatar
    Bah...come join us on the mucky server, you will find no such ruffians there and our host is well known for his gentlemanly conduct and sweet, engaging personality.

+ Reply to Thread