+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much time does a wireless keyboard cost me

Senior Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road

How much time does a wireless keyboard cost me

I spent extra on a half decent mouse and a large gaming mouse pad, but I still use a cheap wireless keyboard. Not only do key-presses go ignored when the battery is low, but SURELY, it takes time to convert my input into a wireless signal, then process it and turn it back into a keypress. How much time are we talking here?The control button is starting to stick down so I'm thinking of retiring it except for when I want to use my PC from bed and getting a wired keyboard for games.
    It lasted me well for something cheap and battery operated. My thumb has worn the whole left side of the space bar smooth as glass and right in the middle of this smooth area is a big dent. At the bottom of this dent are the first few holes all the way through the plastic!

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Buy wired and forget about it. Wireless signals also cause biological changes. Why would you want a wireless keyboard anyway, it's a ridiculous concept.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member Rebecca will become famous soon enough Rebecca's Avatar
    Hey, I used to have a wireless keyboard and never noticed any biological chidkl osxie sdiendon heemosms eid mimve nnnnnnnnnnnnnn brulgl

Senior Member YourDead is on a distinguished road
    For gaming, wireless can have a delay when a key is pushed.
    Any delay can cause you a frag, or your death.

For me I'm going the other way with a high end mechanical keyboard
    which will register quickly in the OS and any game.

I'm just trying to figure out which one is best.

Of course its wired. I would use nothing else for gaming.

So, we're talking a measurable amount of time? What about the monitor? I use a CRT monitor, and I keep hearing that flat-screen monitors have a slight delay. My monitor occasionally goes all hourglass on me, which means either opening it up and performing surgery, or getting a new monitor. And, since I can't really get as close to my monitor as I'd like, I'd want to get something much larger. (Oh, and if bathing in front of a CRT monitor for hours on end has little effect on your biology, then the insignificant wireless signal from a wireless keyboard is infinitesimal by comparison.)
    But I'm really not forking out for high-end stuff here. If I have to move stuff around so I can be closer to the screen I have, I'd rather that, if this delay business is significant. Is it something that all flat-screens suffer from? There are several different formats that work totally differently!

Senior Member julios is on a distinguished road
    you might find good answers posting in this thread

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road
    If your only watching movies and navigating the web in bed you can use the on screen keyboard display and just buy a wired keyboard like everyone suggests.
    "unload your cheats" (c) syncerror

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    Hey, I used to have a wireless keyboard and never noticed any biological chidkl osxie sdiendon heemosms eid mimve nnnnnnnnnnnnnn brulgl
    lol Rebecca :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    It's okay. If you wrap aluminium foil around your head, the illuminati can't send their mind-control rays into your brain. Or you can meditate in a crop circle or visit the Great pyramid to get cleansed. The pyramid is great. You pay 60 Egyptian pounds to climb into a big stone triangle that smells of urine and is surrounded by pick-pockets It's very spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by julios View Post
    you might find good answers posting in this thread
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

+ Reply to Thread