+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Launch fail

Junior Member RazorJack is on a distinguished road

Launch fail

Hi, thought it would be time to start a thread on the forums about some issues I've been having with the game.

When I double-click the desktop shortcut and press the big red PLAY button, it loads for a couple of seconds, the screen goes black, and before I know it it's back to desktop, as if nothing happened and I never ran the shortcut. This seems to occur almost every first time I try to play the game, so when I try again it works. But then often when I try to join a server, another notorious bug steps in: endless awaiting authentication. When I close the game, wait 5 minutes, and try again, everything works like a charm. I am using the non-Steam version on Windows 7.

This has really been bothering me. It's these kind of things that are a total mood killer and prevent me from playing more Quake Live, while I really want to! But somehow I think I am one of the few who is experiencing these bugs, I would love to hear it if there is a true fix or if more people on these forums have to go through the same hassle to be able to play some Quake.

Senior Member swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy has a spectacular aura about swampy's Avatar
    after you have double launched.. (which a lot of us have to do..there are threads here) And your stuck on "Waiting Authentication..(same again for a lot of us)

open console and /web_reload

This should kick you into the game

If you then get stuck on "Awaiting Snapshot" I've seen no cure for that..

This all started during the Steam Roll out and its pathetic that QL has not addressed it..

Also I'm using the stand alone client and it is not attached to my steam account..
    Last edited by swampy; 12-24-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Ok, thanks for the info. I suppose the more people post about these bugs on the forums, the higher the chance (if ever so slightly) that they will be addressed and hopefully fixed.

The exact same thing just happened again. Do they not want people to play this awesome game?! Because that is what it almost seems to be: that they (the developers, or whoever are responsible for fixing the game when it is obviously broken) intentionally are making it hard for people to join a game for whatever sinister reason. I hope that they enjoy their well-deserved Support Holiday Break.

And by the way, /web_reload has never really worked for me.

Junior Member loruk is on a distinguished road
    The exact thing happened to me but I can't load the game after pressing the PLAY button even for the following times. Just black screen comes up. I can open console, while trying to type something, it just works really slow.

Anyone has the same problem? Any temporary solution for this issue?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loruk View Post
    The exact thing happened to me but I can't load the game after pressing the PLAY button even for the following times. Just black screen comes up. I can open console, while trying to type something, it just works really slow.

Anyone has the same problem? Any temporary solution for this issue?
    Does going to windowed change anything? (ALT+ENTER)

What if you try to enter a map? (\devmap bloodrun)

Do other games work ok? I might try reinstalling or updating graphics card drivers.

Junior Member T4underbolt is on a distinguished road
    Same here. Web_reload is a bullshi-t. It worked for me only 2 times. Another 100 times it didnt work and I had to wait 10 minutes or more for game to be more friendly and let me join. I did a full format few days ago and installed quake hoping for no shi-t like that, but unfortunately money from bullshi-t subscribtions so oyu can vote is more important than fixing a bug that is for sure developer's fault.I bet that if you bought subscribtion you re not getting this bug anymore.

Update: over the last couple of days I played Quake Live about three times, and it worked flawlessly every time :-)

Random luck? Or a serious (yet kept secret) fix from the developers? Either way works for me, as long as the game stays this stable.

Junior Member Kentaz is on a distinguished road
    I have same problem here. Could anyone help ?

Junior Member T1RON is on a distinguished road
    Same problem and for me. when it will be fixed

+ Reply to Thread