+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where are the missing maps? It's been 3 months

Junior Member test_pilot_01 is on a distinguished road

Where are the missing maps? It's been 3 months

While you found time to release some 'new' maps; there are still some old maps which have not been seen since the lol-update.

I can remember Hero's Keep and Terminal Heights....I'm sure there are others, but it's been over 3 months so my memory is fading.

What are the chances of getting them back?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    They said when they removed them
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    • Trimmed out 19 maps will be added back later after being updated. (Arena Gate, Bloodlust, Cobalt Station, Concrete Palace, Dies Irae, Double Impact, Eviscerated, Focal Point, Forgotten, Golgotha Core, Hell's Gate Redux, Hero's Keep, Power Station, Proving Grounds, Sacellum, Solid, Sorrow, Space Camp, Spillway, Terminal Heights, Terminus)
    So, they won't be coming back until they've worked out how they're going to update them :/

Yeah and?

It's been over 3 Months!
    How long does it take to erode the map-balance by needlessly adding a MG and HMG?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Put another way, take a look at what's been going on the last 3 months in general, redesigning maps that are in the grand scheme of things unpopular, is hardly going to be a priority for them.

Put another way, take a look at what's been going on the last 3 months in general, redesigning maps that are in the grand scheme of things unpopular, is hardly going to be a priority for them
    What exactly has been going on the last three months? The QL community hasn't exactly been kept up to date. Until the December update, I was actually under the impression the devs had thrown in the towel.

And what did update 22 contain? More maps!
    So if "Maybe more maps will make the steamies come back" is part of Syncerror's strategy.......guess what, there 19 maps that could be plugged back into rotation without changing anything.

And if you look at map popularity: http://ql.leeto.fi/#/maps

"Eviscerated" is still in the top 20, even though it did not get any play in the last 3 months. So I don't think classifying these as the 'unpopular maps' holds up.

Yakumo:
    The devs don't communicate with us, you are the closest thing we have to an oracle.
    Tell us: Is there a grand strategy, is there any rhyme or reason behind their choices, or have the wheels come off the bus months ago?

+ Reply to Thread