+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demo controls

Junior Member Dooby is on a distinguished road

Demo controls

What are the controls for pause, rewind etc when viewing a demo, thanks in advance.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quake Live doesn`t have those controls,google wolfcam for more demo playback options.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...85-WolfcamQL-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Junior Member Dooby is on a distinguished road
    Well.....all i want to do is pause, rewind etc the demo, i appreciate that someone has put the time and effort into creating this program...but its confusing the hell out of me, the guide doesn't really make it easy to use (imo), possibly QL can introduce some basic controls for people that want to view demos without having to trudge through a piece of 3rd party software. Note, i ain't that computer savvy, i work with a chainsaw every day not a computer

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    With the default settings of wolfcam you press the pause/break key on your keyboard to pause the demo,left arrow key to rewind 10 seconds and right arrow key to fast forward 10 seconds.

Also pressing enter allows you to freecam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    Well.....all i want to do is pause, rewind etc the demo, i appreciate that someone has put the time and effort into creating this program...but its confusing the hell out of me, the guide doesn't really make it easy to use (imo), possibly QL can introduce some basic controls for people that want to view demos without having to trudge through a piece of 3rd party software. Note, i ain't that computer savvy, i work with a chainsaw every day not a computer

Don't use wolfcam, use wolfwhisperer from http://www.wolfwhisperer.net/

Then download the latest wolfcam beta from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolf...?source=navbar and simply place the zip file itself (NOT the contents of the file) into the wolfwhisperers 'upgrade' subfolder before starting wolfwhisperer.

Unfortunately it's not been updated to account for Steam, so if you play via steam you will have to do the following which is a little complicated
    • open in windows explorer
    • copy and paste
      %AppData%\..\LocalLow\
      into the address bar and hit enter
    • create the following folder structure :
      id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
    • open \Steam\SteamApps\common\Quake Live\ folder and copy the folder name with all the numbers in it into your clipboard, this is a steamid64.
    • Then run the below command in a command prompt replacing [YOURSTEAM64ID-HERE] with the steamid64 from the above step so it's a full path to your steam demos directory.

mklink /J "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\demos" "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Quake Live\[YOURSTEAM64ID-HERE]\baseq3\demos"

That will create a symlink from your new steam demo folder, to the old location where wolfcam will be trying to find your demos.

By default in woldcam numpad 0,1,4 alter playback speed, and the cursor keys skip forwards and backwards through 10 second of 1 minute intervals.

+ Reply to Thread