+ Reply to Thread

Thread: random fps glitch Windows 7

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road

random fps glitch Windows 7

So i just went back to Windows 7 from 8.1 for mouse reasons, game has always worked near flawless minus a few things here and there. Now when i start the game to play there is a 50% chance my game will run perfect and 50% chance it will just run like **** while at the same time showing 250fps.

Its driver/setup related without a doubt, something im missing perhaps from a fresh install of windows. Ive done full Win7 updates, GPU drivers, and maybe a few minor things you get from installing games like Quake/CS/Dota (net frame and stuff)

What should i try first? FYI 4770k and ATI 270x which has always ran fine.

This is my processes which most are standard, steam, quake, msi afterburner, hwinfo, firefox, flash, CCC, few steam/quake related overlays or extras like awesomium, dimr for 500hz wmo, mIRC, skype, teamspeak

http://i.imgur.com/hVfI6f9.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXiE...ature=youtu.be

Senior Member TriOpted is on a distinguished road
    i have the same problem with my 270x com_idlesleep helped a little, but i ended up just com_maxfps-ing down to where it was stable

i hope you find an answer ^

Senior Member StillBlaze is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TriOpted View Post
    i have the same problem with my 270x com_idlesleep helped a little, but i ended up just com_maxfps-ing down to where it was stable

i hope you find an answer ^
    Not an option, ive run this GPU on a much older i7 cpu for months on end without any drops from 250 stable, ive ran the 4770k exclusive to windows 8.1 for past 2 months without problems. Just come now i go to windows 7. This should be somewhat install specific, hopefully missing some drivers.

+ Reply to Thread