+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE Now Out on Steam

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

QUAKE LIVE Now Out on Steam

We're proud to announce that Quake Live is now available as a Free to Play game on Steam. We've seen an explosion of new players on the servers in the past couple of days, and are thrilled a whole new audience is now able to experience the joy of fast arena shooters. We don't have much else to say on the matter, besides hop in and check out all the game types through the Team Combat and Variety Pack playlists!

Existing players can use the Steam version by visiting the store page. Porting your existing account over is a one way process; after linking your account to Steam you will not be able to use the old standalone launcher.

Junior Member f0rest is on a distinguished road
    Cool Story Bro

Member emilie is on a distinguished road
    hey - do you recommend that we use QuakeLive in steam? It doesn't really matter to me.

Also, does playing in steam make the friend list at Quakelive irrelevant? In other words, how do I friend you, sponge, if I am only able to play QuakeLive in steam? (I like playing on your server sometimes, etc.)

Are most QuakeLive players on steam? How does a person find out what their steam names are?

Sorry, but as you said, once a person goes to steam, there is no turning back. That is why I am asking. I hope this makes sense what I am asking!

edit: maybe someone could make a different thread and everyone can post what their steam names are?
    Last edited by emilie; 09-19-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: see edited thought

Junior Member SergeantDoge is on a distinguished road
    How do I link my account I can't find it anywhere

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emilie View Post
    Also, does playing in steam make the friend list at Quakelive irrelevant?
    It works the same as before in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantDoge View Post
    How do I link my account I can't find it anywhere
    Download the game on steam and it should come up.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Nothing changes. The only thing that does change is your Login Name and Password to your Steam Account. And Yes. You cannot comeback to the Standalone unless you Open a Second Account in QL.

When you download the QL part from Steam, it will ask you if you want to "Link" or "Open" a QL Account. At least that is the way it worked for me..
    Last edited by lowlife1; 09-19-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Junior Member Cobra is on a distinguished road
    From what I have seen whether launching from standalone or steam you all play on the same servers.

I really see no reason to port an account to steam right now.

If the time comes that the game is steam only then you will have to port your account.

Junior Member TrollHD666 is on a distinguished road
    I think it's stupid that you cannot use standalone launcher if you link your account with steam! I think it should be like in Shootmania that you can launch game standalone way or you can add the game in-steam but still log into same account / any account.

But GLHF guys, lets create smurfs and ruin some newbies day in tier 2 <3

Junior Member palm75 is on a distinguished road palm75's Avatar
    @ sponge - Can i pay (renew) my pro account with the payment methods from Steam, without a Visa, Maestro or American Express Creditcard. I have no Creditcard, so i cant renew my account. I only can pay with payPal or direct debit. :-(

Senior Member keefy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by palm75 View Post
    @ sponge - Can i pay (renew) my pro account with the payment methods from Steam, without a Visa, Maestro or American Express Creditcard. I have no Creditcard, so i cant renew my account. I only can pay with payPal or direct debit. :-(
    Paypal is supported by Steam. ITs how I used to pay for games on there.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...JC-2625#PayPal

I have no credit card either, but I do have a debit card and use it to make purchases on steam all the time.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-20-2014 at 05:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread