+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You really thought about the Consequences ?

Junior Member AzA is on a distinguished road

You really thought about the Consequences ?

Hi,

im writing this Thread, because we are robbed...
    I went on Holiday and came back on last Sunday, i recognized this new update and many things about the changes came directly in my mind.
    And i said, " Ok lets give it a chance, maybe its very nice "

So i updated and connected to a server, my sens was broken, the fov doesnt looked the same and the movement changed.
    And i said, " Ok i could try to fix this in the next days "

Then i played the first match, and i saw these Timers, the dealt damage and these ammopacks.
    And I said, " what have you done, but Ok lets give it a try "

After serveral games in several mods, i have to say again " wjat have you done..."

You tell something about "...a game like chess...tactical...etc. ", but its nearly gone...

Let me try to give some examples for some mods....

First, CTF : The timers : This game lived because of the mistakes from the opposite Team, if they dont time PU, RA or MH.
    Like in def, some basedefs took the MH/RA before this update not directly @ beginning, cause of making it not so easy for the atts to get his items, cause of timing.Same with HomePu maybe.
    NOw its not neccessary, to time or something, you got this timer, everybody got this timer.Sometimes you attack and just wait @ RA or MH till it appears, now you dont have to wait or something cause you can see when it appears.
    The Basedef knows when to get items, everybody knows.

So you robbed us the possibilty to get an advantage cause you time items.

Ammopacks : Before this update you have to think about, which weapon you gonna choose to attack or defend, because of your ammo, if you just had 2 rox left and there are just a kind of places to get munition for that, you thought twice to use it before it was rly neccessary, same with RG or every other weapon.
    The players had to leave sometimes their positions to get ammo for his choosen weapon, but now you can just walk and you'll find ammo everywhere for every weapon.
    So you will never had the situation that any weapon will be empty, but that was also a tactical aspect.
    Sometimes you was in an infight and your weapon went empty, or maybe when you got Flag, if your waepon was empty you had to look, where you could get ammo for your fav weapon, now you can just chill relax and grab an ammo pack.

So you robbed us also this small tactical aspect....

Dealt Damage....then why you dont delete the different sounds from a model when he is hurt or near deaths...

And rly, why arent we allowed to warm up like we did it since many years, give us all weapons during warmup.
    Why you did that step ?

We are just robbed of our beloved Quake.....

I played some rounds CTF now and it doesnt feel right, there is this feeling which i cant explain....

But it doesnt make so much fun anymore and im sure that many other players got the same feelings and thoughts about this update....

I played TDM, and there is also the same with these changes, if you dont time or you dont know where to get ammo or to ration your ammo, you was bummed.

Now its just like a day in Baghdad, youŽll see so many ammo flyin through the air, like in CA.
    Because you dont have to ration your ammo, you can get more then you could carry.
    Senseless....
    Not needed to drop weapons or to secure ammo for a teammate, its just messed.
    Timers rly also in TDM.....

Humans make Mistakes, and Mistakes where a big part of this game, but now...

Its like you put the game back to zero, to reach more ppl...
    But you just killed the game, for the ppl who plays it and carries it for years...

I read many comments last days and discussed this update with other ppl, but i havent heard from noone " Wow i Like this timers etc. "

What will be the next step, to get more freshmeat to this game ???
    Giving quad to everybody till tier 2, to survive and kill maybe someone...
    Giving unlimited Weapons and maybe noclip.....
    Or maybe help woth aiming ????

The Tactic went off, so does many players, im sure you wont get more ppl who subscribe this game, you will just loose some...

Not the weapons or the timing killed ppl who are new @ this game, its the skill from ppl who plays it for years....even with these timers etc. new players wont stay @ this game, they will loose very soon when they signed on there fun....

And why you haddent touched 1on1 mode ????
    Because of tactical timing etc. ????
    Dont you think this isnt neccessary @ other mods ????

I still cant believe these Changes....

Playing this game is like art, movement, right timing, aiming etc.

Its like a Painting, do you think when somedays not so many ppl wanna see maybe the Mona Lisa, the Louvre will start to make changes at this Picture ?
    Maybe to get modern and to reach more young ppl, paint a joint and a bottle of Jack in her Hands ?

Good things do not need big changes, maybe some cosmetical changes....

Thats all Folks.....
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 09-03-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Member sophia is on a distinguished road sophia's Avatar
    personally i quite like the item timers. i know it is for noobs and is taking away some of the skill needed, but hey i am sorta noob too and timing items is not something i ever did learn to do because most of the time i want to be where the action is not creeping around waiting, or having to think any more than my brain want to xD
    maybe now there will be less of the pickup drop outs whining that no one is at the damn pu.

i dont like the ammo boxes though. this has ruined space ctf and makes now people with good aim godlike at camping.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Item timers only help you a bit if you have lost timing (or don't time at all) and you're in the vicinity of an armour or PU just before it spawns. Anyone that does time items will still have the advantage - base def will still need to time so they can move out to the item, take it can get back on def.

Having said that, some of the changes are encouraging me to not play Default servers, which is probably exactly what Id want.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member me is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I agree.

There is even a perma-wallhack on flags now. I saw this during a warmup and all of a sudden I didn't want to play anymore. I left and played some duels instead. I doubt I will ever play a CTF game again if 'Classic' remains as it is now.

These changes are newb-friendly I guess, and therefor understandable, but I really really don't get why they implemented them for all tiers. No one would whine if they were only for tier 1/2/3 servers. It would make sense.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    There is even a perma-wallhack on flags now. I saw this during a warmup and all of a sudden I didn't want to play anymore.
    Are you seriously upset that newbies will have an easier time finding enemy base now on maps they're unfamiliar with? Seriously?

Junior Member AzA is on a distinguished road
    This timer sucks in so many ways, just one example...

CTf
    Map : P1 ( Japan )

Before Update : When you played att, you had to deceide if you stay in base maybe 20 sec more to get YA or if you just run.
    There was a risk that somebody spawned during you waited there for an undefinied time. Also maybe you had
    no ammo left for your RL, it was a bit easier for the defs to kill the attacker maybe.

After Update : When you play att, you can rush in, kill the defs, see if you have to wait for YA or if you should run now.
    Now there isnt any problem to get back some ammo, just wait 10 secs in base and you can fill up every weapon.

This Update is like, asked somebody who havent played the game before, " What should we fix or change that you would start to play this ?
    And he said " Hm, how long i have to wait for these items till they respawn, maybe you can make a timer for me that i know what will happen, and where is enemy base, maybe you can make a flag that i can see as an orientation which i could see through the walls.
    And plz, i dont know where i could find ammo, cant you put all ammo i need in one pack ?

Plz fix these changes, like " me " said, just for lower tiers.If they are not willing to learn the basics, they are not worth to play the game.

I remember some days, where ppl wrote many tutorials whith tactics about timing etc.
    We all learned it, its like you say " Oh well, to learn for the Driver Licence is so overrated, we gonna make a law that everybody who got allready a driver licence, has to wrap his car in foam because of beginners.
    We dont get enough taxes, so we have to give everybody the permission to buy and drive a car.

Think about it..........
    Last edited by Doom; 09-03-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: language

Member sophia is on a distinguished road sophia's Avatar
    just run anyway more fun and hope your team will clear mid and base for you

Junior Member TBoneSteak is on a distinguished road
    I am wondering if those complaining about the timer...are the Quad campers who now have everybody going after the Quad???

Junior Member me is on a distinguished road
    Actually, I thought that it was this feature from sampler servers, where basically everyone constantly knows where the flag carrier is...

So yeah, not that bad I guess, but the point is, are these newb-friendly features really needed on tier 4 servers?

I mean, if you don't even know where the enemy base is, nor that most of the yellow armors respawns every 25 seconds, etc., you're clearly a beginner and perhaps you shouldn't be allowed to play on a tier 4 server in the first place?

And I'm well aware that a lot of them are doing that, but, you know, perhaps those poor folks who are getting insulted and kicked from t4 servers (when they don't ragequit by themselves) should be allowed to join tier 1 and 2 servers - where they belong - instead of trying to make their life slightly easier on 'skilled servers'?

Crazy thought, I know.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    So yeah, not that bad I guess, but the point is, are these newb-friendly features really needed on tier 4 servers?
    I don't know if they're "needed", but I hopped into a pub CTF yesterday and it was the first pub I played in god knows how long where people (not particularly strong players either) covered the PU every single time it was about to spawn. No binds, no shouting, no nothing. Also everybody whined about various things but for some reason noone felt enraged enough at anything to quit, despite the teams being unbalanced (the end result was 7:1 or something).
    My conclusion is that whatever your actual opinion on the changes, some nudges here and there that allow you to relax and not focus constantly on 234328098 things make the experience more pleasant for everybody involved. Just look at the popularity of CA with its simplicity to see what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread