+ Reply to Thread

Thread: damage of the shotgun as a sum

Junior Member pazer is on a distinguished road

damage of the shotgun as a sum

Hello, add to shotgun damage sum of HP

good job ID

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Someone suggested similar on esr http://www.esreality.com/post/265000...-about-dmgdis/

Quote Originally Posted by yakumo
    (1) I like the fact that it means it's really not that accurate, it keeps it from being too much of an advantage over the sound effects & crosshairdamage alone.
    I'm happy to take a guess at how many I saw and do 5x that in my head for sg, or 6x for lg, or ignore it completely and just keep playing based on feel.

Summing them until not on target:
    I think the rapid numbers sometimes as you flick about with the lg/mg over a mad dodger, and the very delayed numbers at many (most?) other times if you're a good tracker would make it very annoying to have it happen only when you were not on target.

I'd be intrigued to try it, but it maybe not enough of a significant difference to bother coding, and more importantly see (1) especially the first point.

Senior Member M0SLEY is on a distinguished road M0SLEY's Avatar
    I hate the damage indicators. The only time I can tolerate them is on LG and shotgun because it's difficult to get your damage output as an exact number.

Senior Member 3Nex is on a distinguished road 3Nex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M0SLEY View Post
    I hate the damage indicators.
    Great, so turn them off.
    Why are there no videos of John Carmack playing Quake?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    RIP logic.
    You can adjust damage plums with the cvars listed here:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post301764

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You can adjust damage plums with the cvars listed here:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post301764
    My point was that in turning them off one would be putting themselves at a disadvantage.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    My point was that in turning them off one would be putting themselves at a disadvantage.
    I don't think they're that advantageous personally. I have them off except for: mg gl rl bfg ng pl.

bfg ng and pl are fairly rare, so it's mainly just mg gl and rl.

I have it off for the other weapons because the numbers are just distracting. It gives me no more information about how much I hit than I had before and just makes for a cluttered mess.

I kept it on for rl and gl because sometimes it's hard to tell how well a splash hit, and a grenade hit could give away position now with the damage number flying out.

I should actually have it off for mg, I think I left it on just for kicks.

Member CowFart is on a distinguished road
    the numbers are good practice. You can see how much damage you really do and fine tune you're aiming better to increase damage dealt. I use to wonder why sometimes it be like several rockets to kill a opponent. I saw a splash damage of just 1 point yesterday.

If self damage is off, I know now to get in close and personal to get maximum rocket damage.

The numbers are beneficial. They help to figure out the HMG range of accuracy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I don't think they're that advantageous personally. I have them off except for: mg gl rl bfg ng pl.

bfg ng and pl are fairly rare, so it's mainly just mg gl and rl.

I have it off for the other weapons because the numbers are just distracting. It gives me no more information about how much I hit than I had before and just makes for a cluttered mess.

I kept it on for rl and gl because sometimes it's hard to tell how well a splash hit, and a grenade hit could give away position now with the damage number flying out.

I should actually have it off for mg, I think I left it on just for kicks.
    For spamming RL and GL the damage indicators are extremely advantagious IMO.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    For spamming RL and GL the damage indicators are extremely advantagious IMO.
    They're helpful, rather than advantageous, since everyone has them, hence no advantage

I quite like them personally, and rather like the fountain you get when LGing or hitting with the shotty. Thanks to Yakumo for updating his QL guide, especially the pointer to cg_damagePlumColorStyle
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread