+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Quake Needs Your $$$ Support

*SpaceTurtle

Why Quake Needs Your $$$ Support

Alrighty fellers...

Quake style games are, some would say, a dying breed. Most would say, in fact. Now I am of the belief that there is the possibility of a resurgence in fast paced arena shooters, to buck the trend of slow "ww2" and military style games. Those games are DOMINATING the sales landscape right now, and I for one am f'ing sick of them.

I know many of you are too, that is why you are here. Well, companies ultimately only listen to one thing, and that is $$$. If we show our financial support to Quake Live, and it takes off and becomes a success, there is that much more chance that we get MORE unique and fast paced games and LESS military style boring ass shooters.

So throw down 20 bucks, if you really support this game, you will do it without hesitation.

Senior Member cyberdemon74 is on a distinguished road
    yes i want to pay, RIGHT NOW !
    but i want WFA and JAILBREAK

Senior Member warning123 is on a distinguished road
    we will all pay , lets talk about success , Quake3 OSP succeeded for handling similar to Quakelive as it handles now ,

freezetag , CA , 1v1 , TDM , FFA ... whats missing is

in OSP it can detect multi arenas on rocketarena maps would be nice to have multi arenas in quakelive

mentioning those mods WFA and JAILBREAK im sorry but these we're not so popular in Quake online However they came into the gene , the best and popular Ranked mods in Quake3 we're RocketArena / OSP / 3WaveCTF / CPMA

then they have combined all features from those popular mods all through OSP v1.03...
    then when arqon released the new CPMA mod update version which is 1.34 , CPMA took a hold of the OSP mechanism on handling those modes for Quake3

CPMA has all modes and 2 professional Gameplays ( OSP = Vq3 movement | Promode = Cpm Movement )

Modes we're ( freezetag / insta / CA + DuelArena / 1v1 / TDM / FFA / MidAir / ++ Custommodes aswell such as WFA/JAILBREAK + NoGhost)

so the contreversial topic here goes as in , hmm.. we need to be challenging , and if its fun , then the game gets ruined? why not have those custom modes for the people who will host theyr own servers . and to play with theyr friends in theyr bore time ...

Quakelive should be for every1 , and not into serious competitive gameplay only that forces people into the competitive gameplays when u narrow the Quakelive modes , it feels narrow but now u introduced Freezetag , i dont think its narrow any more u have opened the door .

*Doomguy
    good post. look at the all the other sh*tty fps games out there like MW2 and battlefield. then compare them to the beauty of quake. are people seriously saying that quake isn't worth 3 a month? 3!!! most people probably lose that amount down the couch each month.

*QUADMACHINE666

The real truth!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTurtle View Post
    Alrighty fellers...

Quake style games are, some would say, a dying breed. Most would say, in fact. Now I am of the belief that there is the possibility of a resurgence in fast paced arena shooters, to buck the trend of slow "ww2" and military style games. Those games are DOMINATING the sales landscape right now, and I for one am f'ing sick of them.

I know many of you are too, that is why you are here. Well, companies ultimately only listen to one thing, and that is $$$. If we show our financial support to Quake Live, and it takes off and becomes a success, there is that much more chance that we get MORE unique and fast paced games and LESS military style boring ass shooters.

So throw down 20 bucks, if you really support this game, you will do it without hesitation.
    You are right...when I saw the premium and pro subscriptions I was so happy that they would finally bill people out and I think this is a very righteous move for ID. I mean when I saw this I did not care whatever special perks and modes that were available in both subscriptions because the bottom line is I support this game to the fullest and to whatever it takes. I'm just so happy that these things came out from the updates. I love this game since 1999 and this is the time, this is a new era...it feels like 1999 and Quake is truly alive again and will be with the help from these subscriptions.

The reason why the mainstream fps populace would resort to military or other modern fps shooters is because they fail to realize and appreciate that these fps shooters were simply derived from ID and Quake and simply Quake is too difficult for them to handle and probably some preference involved. I don't really see a reason why some people whine about the cost involved..it just proves that they are not truly Quake players and besides there is still the standard free Quake live mode and ID has not taken it away from us.

So it's really just unnecessary for people to complain, this is the comeback that Quake needs. Comeback in a sense that fps gamers need to know where fps roots truly came from and it is games like Wolfenstein, Doom, & Quake that has revolutionized such gaming experience.

So quit complaining and start paying if you truly support and love the game.

Quake forever!

*Delusibeta
    Honestly? I'd far rather pay 38 for the iD Super Pack off Steam (or less come the Christmas Sale) than pay 38 for 12 months of Quake Live Pro. I realise that Quake Live is making little or no money without the subscription packages, but iD is really undermining iD here.

*Shadenine
    I`d like to pay for pro quake live and I will when I know that they will continue to update and eventually allow community made mods into Quake live, until then the premium (not pro) will do for me.

I love you id but I would like to know that I`m paying 50 bucks a year for a game that continues to improve, until then I`ll be glad to pay 30

*ColossusBoom
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTurtle View Post
    Alrighty fellers...

VARIETY!

Do I want pizza every single day for lunch? No chance in hell!

Same with video games. Do I want modern warfare this modern warfare that or ww2 this and ww2 that. NOOO!!!!!

Bring me the calorie overload arena violence that was once Quake,Tribes and Unreal tournament.

Senior Member FoXXX is on a distinguished road
    OP, you need to understand that 95% of QL players live in their parent's basement and don't have a job. They can't afford to play this game!

Senior Member warning123 is on a distinguished road
    use ur parents paypal account , ask them nicely , promise them u will pass ur exams and study hard, and always be on time for dinner with your family .

i mean , if ur parents dont give u a paypal account , buy those new prepaid visa cards , go to the bank with your family ,the card cost 7$ and they give u 4$ in it , its like a saving account u dont pay tax for it and it is a family card. ur family can disable it with 1 phone call no hackers can steal money from it because theyr wont be alot of money inside it anyways

+ Reply to Thread