+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Design Released

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Updated Design Released

As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, we have updated the site with the first step toward our Steam launch, our refreshed design. The largest changes you'll see right away are are in the new Welcome page, and the Match Browser.

The biggest feature of Welcome is the Play Now button, which will allow you to quickly join a pub running Clan Arena, Free For All, Duel, and a variety of team modes and player-run matches we're calling Team Grab Bag.

We're interested in feedback on the quality of matches this returns, especially in areas with less player activity, as we will try and fill up an empty match rather than sending you to a location with high ping. We've found while beta-testing the Steam client you can start at clicking the game on Steam to firing your gun in-game in 20 seconds, which will be great news for people who just want to frag and go. No need to wait in a queue for minutes at a time.

The Welcome page also will cycle through some game tips. Be sure to scroll through them some time, there may be something new you didn't know about (try ledge grabbing, for instance!)

The Match Browser has received a new layout, also no longer constrained to the squished column it used to live in. We've also given the match name a lot more room, and have officially opened up the feature to all users, along with increasing the max match name length from 12 to 30. The new browser doesn't use any pesky hovers, either. Click once on a match to view it's info, and you can join any match in one click by clicking on the yellow arrow over the map thumbnail.

Start a Match has been renamed Create Match, and functions mostly the same, with the addition of naming your matches in the browser. We've also done a pass on what settings are for Standard and Premium level matches. Fraglimit, Timelimit, and Mercylimit have been opened up for all matches, among others.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Finally

Explore new stuff guys!

Member malfin is on a distinguished road malfin's Avatar
    Good job! I like the new design/layout and features..especially for creating match : Fraglimit, Timelimit, and Mercylimit have been opened up for all matches, among others .. thanks!

Junior Member Crowax is on a distinguished road
    Wow, this new design is incredible..... if it was 1997. I hope this is a joke.

Junior Member stphn is on a distinguished road
    This design... lol I have no clue who was in charge of allowing this to go live, but it looks like we've gone back to 1999. Thanks :/

Junior Member Reduxable is on a distinguished road
    Definitely better than i was expecting awesome work

Edit: What you guys on about? This looks nothing like 90's UI. Some people always finding something to bash on
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 08-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Member schwachmach is an unknown quantity at this point
    Was so excited to see the back button, until I realized it doesn't work

And the folks on my blocked list don't show up in red anymore.

Haven't found anything to like yet.

I guess you had to make it look more Steam-y, or something?

Junior Member Hitez is on a distinguished road
    "Fraglimit, Timelimit, and Mercylimit have been opened up for all matches, among others."

THANK YOU

Member GSX is on a distinguished road
    NICE JOB! I think it looks fresh and renewed! But the back and forward buttons don't work. I hope to see more amazing changes!!

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Looks nice.

Demo player is hidden. Only available through settings menu. After demo is finished playing it autoexits this menu(returns to game browser in my case).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure new users will panic without EXIT button visible at all times.
    Last edited by DeeDoubleU; 08-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Real life? Life is real?!

+ Reply to Thread