+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Billing Update: Direct Debit Disabled

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Billing Update: Direct Debit Disabled

Due to changes in European bank transfers, we are no longer able to support Direct Debit methods of payment. We do not currently have a timeline on restoring Direct Debit, as we are currently prioritizing our development efforts on the Steam client.

Anyone who currently has a subscription will keep their subscription, however they will be unable to renew, or purchase new subscriptions with this method.

Senior Member sir_frags is on a distinguished road sir_frags's Avatar
    If I am not going to be renewed automatically, does this mean I go online somewhere and buy another subscription like I am starting all over? I believe my subscription expires tomorrow. How do I pay?

*Frags*

Junior Member 4n4gr4m is on a distinguished road
    just pay for the year by credit card bro, its cheap enough

Member MissRocketbunny is on a distinguished road
    In my payment settings i can read: "Important Notice: Your Pro membership is still active and will automatically renew".
    Do all Direct Debit - Memberships still automaticlly renew and its just not possible for new players to pay with direct debit?
    Or is the sentence wrong, and my direct debit membership is NOT renewing alone and i must buy a credit card?

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    They won't be able to renew you if you're currently using direct debit, so you'll have to get a credit or debit card. When the game is on Steam you'll be able to use any other payment methods that Steam supports too, if you want to move your QL account onto there.

Otherwise a quick email to support@quakelive.com if you're having problems - they wouldn't discuss individual account issues on here.
    Last edited by Mike68; 08-01-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Senior Member csCadaver is on a distinguished road csCadaver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n4gr4m View Post
    just pay for the year by credit card bro, its cheap enough
    Not everybody has a credit card.
    I live in europa and the only person who has a credit card are those who visit the usa.
    Credit cards are an awefull expensive way of paying (why else do you get all those 'free' goodies for using it)
    Took you 2,5 years to notice my signature?
    *smiles*

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Surely this was just about direct debit automatic payments, but doesn't stop you doing one off payments with a debit card? That, paypal or google checkout is basically the only way anyone I know pays for anything online in the UK.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 08-01-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Junior Member palm75 is on a distinguished road palm75's Avatar

Unhappy

Hm, bad News. In Germany most People only has direct debit Cards. I buy a pro membership Token 2 Month ago, so i have my account till May 2015. We need new payment Options, how about PayPal?? Credit Cards has expensive fee.

Member muckster is on a distinguished road muckster's Avatar
    Yea, im no longer able to renew. Not going to get a CC. RIP Pro.
    Let's hope they go steam really quickly, because steam at least has some proper payment methods.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palm75 View Post
    Hm, bad News. In Germany most People only has direct debit Cards. I buy a pro membership Token 2 Month ago, so i have my account till May 2015. We need new payment Options, how about PayPal?? Credit Cards has expensive fee.
    As I understand it, debit cards should be unaffected.

+ Reply to Thread