Today we have released a small update for QUAKE LIVE. As of today, several of the classically "premium-only" features have been cycled into the realm of standard-content for everyone to enjoy. In the coming updates we will now be adding new features for our subscribers to enjoy, but we felt that now was a good time to begin making some of our long standing perks available to everyone who plays. In addition to this we've also included a number of small fixes and improvements.
Features moved to Standard accounts:
- Advanced Scoreboards, including a newly added Freeze Tag scoreboard
- Killbeep Sounds
- Quad and Battle Suit Kill Counters
- Weapon Config Menu
- Define your preferred order of starting weaposn (cg_preferredStartingWeapon)
- Force Team Skin and Force Enemy Skin options
- New overhead teammate indicators (friendly triangles) that relay teammate health status
- Reduced default cg_drawHitFriendTime to 100ms to better suit the new icon system
- New teammate death icon to clearly distinguish hurt teammates from dead teammates under the new health icon system
- Teammate crosshair names now use the same health color indicators as the new overhead icons
- Don't display dead teammate icons in FreezeTag (as their frozen icon will be present)
- Broadcast a power-up pickup chat message to inform you who picked up a freshly spawned power-up
- Crosshair hit style now defaults to damage colors.
- cg_drawCrosshair was defaulting to different values in cg_main and ui_main, they now both default to "2"
- All clients will now use cl_maxpackets 125.
- Print when an admin passes or vetoes a callvote.
- Fixed a bug that would add marks to the surface of thin volumes of liquid near an impact. (Reported on Terminatria)
- Fixed crosshair 14's broken alpha channel
- For the nostalgic ones, added the original Q3 crosshairs: 20-29
- Minor fixes to the UI/HUD files
- Fixed a lot of non-power of two textures that were reported to be causing issues.
- Added Start-a-Match commands to tab auto-complete
- No longer default to using forced bright models.
- Arcane Citadel - Battle Suit switched for MH, JP added at MH ledge, PG (at high YA) switched for RL
- Arkinholm - Added Race support
- Blood Run - Fixed clipping at YA ad
- Brimstone Abbey - Fixed doubled over health bubbles in team modes, Fixed clipping in curves
- Double Impact - Removed the RA room. Placed RA in mid. Teleporters in mid low, go to mid high.
- Hen House - Added Race support
- New Cerberon - Race and DOM support
- Overkill - Fixed stray quad stuck in solid
- Pillbox - Added two spawns in mid.
- Silence - Fixed wall supports near RA that didn't touch the wall.
- Terminatria - Fixed NPOT item decals