+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New mousepad

Member IceBurn14 is on a distinguished road

New mousepad

I wanted to buy a new mousepad, I don't know if I should take a steelseries qck+,roccat taito or a razer goliathus.The size of these three mousepads is pretty much the same, so I wanted to know wich one is the most durable and easier to clean.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Zowie G-TF or QPAD FX. The mainstream ones like Goliathus are pretty bad compared to the quality stuff.

G-TF is definitely the most durable and easy to clean. Takes a bit of work to get it lying flat though.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Which deals the best with humidity though? I know the more 'clothy' pads suffer there.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Which deals the best with humidity though? I know the more 'clothy' pads suffer there.
    G-TF is basically the same material as a wetsuit, so it'll do fine. I don't know how the FX does. Only been using it a couple weeks.

Senior Member xHawkins is on a distinguished road
    I like my QcK actually, i could not test the Zowie ones yet, altough imo they're totally overpriced...i paid 12~ bucks for my QcK and in my opinion it gives a really good slide for your mouse and its pretty thin, which i like.

Member IceBurn14 is on a distinguished road
    Cat are you sure?I mean, I hate saying those things but if I have to be honest lots of pro players use these mousepads, that's why I was thinking of buying them, I mean they're not that expensive and it seems like they're pretty poupular.
    Last edited by IceBurn14; 07-04-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Junior Member Skrem is on a distinguished road
    I have two zowie mice - and I rotate between my large black QCK and my artisan hein. The QCK is nice because of how big it is, but I do get negative acceleration sometimes when I turn my mouse fast - end up staring at the ceiling...very annoying. The red hein pairs really well with the zowie but it is considerably smaller

Quote Originally Posted by IceBurn14 View Post
    Cat are you sure?I mean, I hate saying those things but if I have to be honest lots of pro players use these mousepads, that's why I was thinking of buying them, I mean they're not that expensive and it seems like they're pretty poupular.
    Do remember that pro players are contractually obligated to use the gear provided by sponsors. They don't necessarily use a piece of gear because it's the best. I've gone through a decent number of gaming mousepads. Of those the QcK and Goliathus were the worst by a fair margin. I'm currently using the QPAD FX, but pads I consider to be great are the Artisan Hayate, Zowie G-TF and QPAD HeatoN. I also hear from plenty of people whose opinions I trust that the PureTrak Talent and SteelSeries Icemat are worthy investments, though the icemat is too small for me.

Of these, among the cloth pads the G-TF is the most durable by far. Other cloth pads generally have a lifespan (where the quality of glide is still great) of 3 months.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    SSeries makes tons of different QcK+, which one did you wwant to get?
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Puretrak Talent was the most recommended to me when I was asking around on ESR, and it's not too bad. I don't know how other people play, but the edge of mine is fraying a bit where I put my wrist (I play with wrist only - none of that crazy low-sens, arm-swinging stuff). Allegedly they can be cleaned by just throwing them in the washer but I've yet to need to clean mine. It's also really big, about as wide as my VG248QE, and quite a bit taller.

I have an Artisan mousepad on the way also. I can't wait to try that baby out

+ Reply to Thread