+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inconsistent Sensitivity / Sensitivity Feels Different / Sens Value doesnt Change

Junior Member _Ac1D is on a distinguished road _Ac1D's Avatar

Inconsistent Sensitivity / Sensitivity Feels Different / Sens Value doesnt Change

I've had this issue for a long time, i would join a server and my Sensitivity would feel overly sensitive to what it is. Resulting in accuracy for LG dropping by 20% at times

At the moment i'm using:

Sens: 3
    Inmouse 2
    Inmouse mode "Direct Input"
    Windows 6/11
    DPI: 500 @ 500hz (synpase doesnt let me set it to 450dpi, increments of 100)
    Mouse: Deathadder 2013
    Monitor: benq xl2411xt
    Res: 1920 x 1080 (native)

I installed synpase 2.0 set my settings and then uninstalled it, as the mouse has a onboard memory chip and stores your settings. have tried running quake with it installed no difference. Dont liek Razer's bloatware

I also used MarkC's mouse fix as i play Counter Strike GO

But Quake is very touch and go, sometimes in_restart works and the feeling of the mouse movement stabilizes to what is "3" sens!

Shame really i dont want to format the PC and start again, it would possibly take me 6hrs non stop installing/updating/arranging etc

Any ideas please!!!! Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by _Ac1D; 05-22-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ac1D View Post
    Sens: 3
    Inmouse 2
    Inmouse mode "Direct Input"
    This is kind of suspicious.

in_mouse "2"

..should report in_MouseMode "raw" or "win32raw".

If it reports direct input it means that in_mouse is set to "1".

in_mouse "2" is recommended as it has the most direct software path between the mouse and the game.

Doesn't explain the problem you are having really, just is odd.

Senior Member iD_eNTITY is on a distinguished road iD_eNTITY's Avatar
    Did you try closing everything then loading QL?

I think programs or open window in background can affect how your mouse behaves in QL.

Then again my game sometimes feels the smoothest when I don't reboot for weeks and I have downloads running in background. I guess QL doesn't like my stable 60mb connection.

Anyway I have that same problem but I just live with it. There used to be something that would fix it from time to time but it doesn't work these days, sometimes it just makes the problem even worse and it feels like accel is on. The fix I'm talking about is going fast between fullscreen and windowed, like doing it 5-6 times in row.

Some people even disable aero in windows when they play QL, so you could try that too.

Hi Lorfa, i've manually just added inmouse mode "Directinput" into my CFG, possibly that why it may sound a bit strange, i will change it to "RAW" and see how that helps

if you are saying it should report the below do you mean it shouldnt be in our CFG's but rather something we type in console to see the value?

thanks for the advice

@iD_eNTITY, yes completely understand its like i've added 0.03 of accel. i've disabled everything i mean even unistalled my virus protection programs but left windows security Essentials and gone through this intensive guide, which has helped for other games alot

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1315790

Oh Well! cant win them all ;<

I suspect but just spectulating here, the Standalone needs more developing in terms of stability issues!
    Last edited by _Ac1D; 05-22-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Senior Member iD_eNTITY is on a distinguished road iD_eNTITY's Avatar
    @iD_eNTITY, yes completely understand its like i've added 0.03 of accel. i've disabled everything i mean even unistalled my virus protection programs but left windows security Essentials and gone through this intensive guide, which has helped for other games alot

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1315790

Oh Well! cant win them all ;<

I suspect but just spectulating here, the Standalone needs more developing in terms of stability issues!
    I had the problem way before standalone was even introduced, so I don't think standalone is the issue here. I don't really know what could be the cause but it's probably something on my PC or some drivers.

Also if you are using in_mouse 2 then you don't need any mouse fixes, well even if you use them they wouldn't really matter because you are using raw input instead of windows.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    if you are saying it should report the below do you mean it shouldnt be in our CFG's but rather something we type in console to see the value?
    Yes.

It just reports whatever mouse input is in use at the time. It's just text, so you can change it all you want but that won't have any effect, so probably it's reporting raw but just had its text changed in the config.

Anyways hmm, does the deathadder have any firmware updates maybe?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Hi Lorfa, i've manually just added inmouse mode "Directinput" into my CFG, possibly that why it may sound a bit strange, i will change it to "RAW" and see how that helps

thanks for the advice
    in_MouseMode should never be set by a user, its set by the system based on in_mouse changes.
    It shouldn't really be possible to override it with a user cvar, but you should remove it from your user cfg anyway, and then use account settings to reset your config to clear out the settings stored on the QL server. then you can exec your config again to get everything else back.

If you're using in_mouse 1 then you may be having feel changes because of windows driver settings changes.
    If you're using Logitech mice especially you need to read this thread : http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...problem-solved

If you're using a steelseriers rival you need to read post 12 in that thread ^

Other than that, it's almost certainly physical changes in yourself. I can play a night on what is low sense for me (25cm/360) , and by the end of that I'm moving really fast and it seems really easy to do and I'm pulling off all the flickrails I usually do.

And then the next day it feels slow as molasses (likely weary arm muscles from the previous night or simply full muscle memory hasn't built up yet) and I have to drop it down to 15cm or lower again to get the same feel.

Or sometimes it goes the other way, 20cm odd feels slow at night, but the next day it feels really quick as my muscles have compensated.

But I've actually measured the mouse movement and it's unchanged from the settings.

That's a good concept Yakumo, and yes i know what you mean; and i agree sometimes your not in the right frame of mind and your tense etc so you just mess everything up - without getting to philosophical it isnt what you've mentioned but happens to me on occasion. This is a considerable difference in Mouse Sensivity where by the 360/CM Decreases.... It doesnt happen on other games

I am currently investigating other aspects where the as mentioned by iD_eNTITY like:

yes possibly a overkill but:

- USB Ports health/power consumption/drivers/tunnelling traffic monitor/any flucatuations - all theory but just me brain storming
    - Messing with Polling rate
    - Dis-connecting & disabling everything i dont use such Media card readers/webcam

Found a similar post here:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...d-thread/page2

Its been raised before

I'll try the reset tonight and remove inmouse mode from cfg and see what happens,

Thanks
    Last edited by _Ac1D; 05-22-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    End of the day the best thing to do is as I kind of mentioned in my earlier post.
    use a ruler to measure your cm/360 in game before you quit for the night (with cl_mouseaccel 0 if you normally use a non zero value for that) then measure it again the next day.

And if you ever change your sensitivity settings in the console make sure you've written that value into your autoexec so it's not forgotten or overwritten by a value already in there

+ Reply to Thread