+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Help remove cheating...........................

  1. #1
    Junior Member shinobi1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Help remove cheating...........................

    Allow premium spawned servers to specify how long a person played, 3 months experience will eliminate join today with your bot. Let them play with themselves! and also please make ban lists. Nothing kills this game more than cheats and slumming is cheating!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,224
    Some more lenient variation on that isn't too bad an idea. A days play would be enough.
    It would be great on pub servers too, but obviously impossible to do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi1 View Post
    Allow premium spawned servers to specify how long a person played, 3 months experience will eliminate join today with your bot. Let them play with themselves! and also please make ban lists. Nothing kills this game more than cheats and slumming is cheating!

    been suggested quite a few times and its a great idea.

    it spares pro subscribers and all who want decent matches without people who were banned 5 mins ago the opportunity to come back.. either set amount of games played or playtime required to join.

    also for newbie accounts this can be helpful to avoid entering a hell in their first matches.

    example, u dont join a lvl 99 raid with a lvl 1 char in other games ya know? not saying this should be the ql standard, but at least give the option for hosters. it has the side-effect of encouraging people to improve their gameplay.

    another sweet option would be, adding a match-completion ratio. this is pretty much self-explanitory.

    theres room for improvements on both of these ends in regards of server hosting, may seem like sophistry but if you look at the gaming experience a little closer, this could actually raise the quality of gameplay and with the change of leaving all maps for free, hosted servers would really pay off as you can distance yourself from fakers, quitters and cheaters.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Some more lenient variation on that isn't too bad an idea. A days play would be enough.
    It would be great on pub servers too, but obviously impossible to do.
    why impossible?
    Last edited by danstar; 04-16-2014 at 02:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,224
    Because you can't bar new users from playing an online game online for X hours/days before they can start. By pub I meant the id spawned default servers, not publicly open user spawned ones.

    QL originally had a forced tutorial, even those short few minutes really didn't work well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lost in the fog
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    QL originally had a forced tutorial, even those short few minutes really didn't work well.
    I've suggested in the past that new players should be made to complete ten or twenty practice games against bots before they're allowed into servers. It could deter serial alt-accounters, but I can see how it might be off-putting for genuine new players.

    OP's suggestion is a good one and could really work.

  6. #6
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Because you can't bar new users from playing an online game online for X hours/days before they can start. By pub I meant the id spawned default servers, not publicly open user spawned ones.

    QL originally had a forced tutorial, even those short few minutes really didn't work well.
    thats not what i meant. i was referring to pro spawned servers only, where these limitations are optional and not mandatory.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    thats not what i meant. i was referring to pro spawned servers only, where these limitations are optional and not mandatory.
    Yes, I got that, and I said that that is not what I was referring to.

    I said I thought it was a good idea as an option (if tweaked some) for pro spawned servers, I meant all of them.

    And my latter comment I meant that it couldn't work for public id spawned servers.

    So, unless I'm missunderstanding you now, we both agreed in the first place.

  8. #8
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,782
    yes we agree, was just wondering what the impossible part was implied on, thought theres some sort of barrier i can't know about which would prohibit this sort of thing by default. cuz im not sure how hard it is to enable such feature.

  9. #9
    Junior Member shinobi1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    For clarity I meant Pro Subscriber Start a Match Servers, and it would/should/already-there not be hard, reference join date in your stats. The subscriber base would def grow, and it would encourage people to play more for all tiers. Don't get me wrong internets, like facebook, and any other fluff medium, I know the value of fake pump subscribers, but Quake's bloodline does not rely on this statistic at all. Furthermore I believe there is a place for cheats but they should play alone. JMO.

  10. #10
    Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Bar at Drunk Clan
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi1 View Post
    Furthermore I believe there is a place for cheats but they should play alone. JMO.
    Err.NO..There should not be a place for cheats..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

    Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts