+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more vote-kicking, please.

Junior Member ezkutari is on a distinguished road

No more vote-kicking, please.

It makes no sense to allow players to kick other players off public servers. In a video-game, players are customers. Can you imagine a business that allowed their customers to kick their other customers out of the store? The only thing I can think of that resembles that business model is some kind of old-south racism thing where white people would kick black people out just for being black.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    It's a democratic voting system.
    It makes no sense on a public server to NOT let a democratic vote remove a single player the majority do not want there.

Member Igre is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure that the voting are functioning well! I have repeatedly thrown out of the game without explanation. On one server immediately upon entering. With one match CA been kicked for not playing fair. I'm not sure what is their mind. Number of votes sufficient to eject from the game? Players need to explain how the system are functioning to avoid any confusion and frustration! Generally vote against expulsion if there are no reasons for it!
    Last edited by Igre; 04-15-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Igre View Post
    I'm not sure that the voting are functioning well! I have repeatedly thrown out of the game without explanation. On one server immediately upon entering. With one match CA been kicked for not playing fair. I'm not sure what is their mind. Number of votes sufficient to eject from the game? Players need to explain how the system are functioning to avoid any confusion and frustration! Generally vote against expulsion if there are no reasons for it!
    As I said, it's a democracy, that shouldn't need further explanation, majority rules.

51%+ of the users on the server have to vote for something to be passed.

"With one match CA been kicked for not playing fair." in what way were you 'not playing fair' then ?

The match ended with the victory of my team. Immediately after the end they threw me out. As the players are familiar with each other and based on that vote. I play CA to play everywhere. And nowhere I have not been thrown out unless the case. I think in some way abusing the vote. I think the real reasons for the overthrow of the rare. There vain players who do not bear lost match!

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Igre View Post
    There vain players who do not bear lost match!
    Find some cool people to play with. No need to have a crappy time when your here to have fun right?

DNA
    Drunk Clan
    #IRC
    North America, Join the party, here!
    Europe, Join the party, here!

Enough is enough; and sometimes enough is too much!

You can't abuse the vote on public servers.

If it's a server that has been spawned by a Pro subscriber (their name in the title of the server) then the server owner can force any vote to their preference.

Even though your team won, you may have been kicked off for

- being a very weak player, and they wanted to balance the teams.
    - playing in a way people thought was bad/boring/ making rounds take too long (hiding forever, not playing as a team member being going out on your own)
    - things said in game
    - being an overly strong player, and they wanted to balance the teams.

If you weren't kicked mid game then at least you got to finish, you just have to find another server. Servers with strong players on can get fairly elitist I'm afraid, they only want balanced teams with other strong players.

According to the above did not violate the rules. I was neither weak nor strong player. I play by the rules because the game seriously. Not a problem to find another server. However it remains a bad mood and decrease concentration. I play to to progress and was competing. I do not care who play with if you play by the rules!

That list isn't rules, it's just common reasons that a group of players will kick someone out.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1NDlight View Post
    the only reasonable thing to do in the face of such democracy is to set a keybind to call vote and spam them to death before they can kick you
    ...or not respond with such d-baggery and just find another server.

+ Reply to Thread