+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My disappointment

Junior Member Svenos is on a distinguished road

My disappointment

Honestly and I don't want to add some weight over quake live developpers. But the new interface, the fact you can't simply play while you are surfing. Lauching quake from your browser, makes me play less and less, and also less willing to do so.

This is constraining to have to go through a launcher, the interface looks like the browser, but is not a browser, so it makes it a bit annoying.

I have no will to launch the game like I use to do before just because of that interface.

I know you could not do some way else, but the game will die progressivly, already since the new launcher has arrived, the game seems often empty.

I don't know if it was intended to kill the game or if it was a constraint, anyway i think the result will be the same in the long term.

In my opinion, I have no more pleasure to play it. And now it makes qlranks look like a ghost website, it's neither a really good choice for the small community that we are.

No more linux, no more mac os, damned, quake 3 was in its origin working on all these platforms.

That was just my feeling these days, I will still try to play for the reason, but the reason seems like a treason.

Good luck for the rest.

I will still play to support the game, but damn, I'm disappointed.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Seems like a rather paltry reason to quit playing. Play in windowed mode. Seriously, is it that big of a deal to you?

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    How many times do people have to be told that the game would have stopped working with browsers before the message sinks in? It had to be done. Double click an icon - how hard can it be?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenos View Post
    Honestly and I don't want to add some weight over quake live developpers. But the new interface, the fact you can't simply play while you are surfing. Lauching quake from your browser, makes me play less and less, and also less willing to do so.
    You can still alt+enter to switch to windowed and then alt+tab to a browser.

I find it rather strange though like, you would be playing clan arena and look at web pages when you were dead? And this functionality is so important that your experience has been tremendously reduced without it?

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenos View Post
    But the new interface, the fact you can't simply play while you are surfing. Lauching quake from your browser, makes me play less and less, and also less willing to do so.
    Frankly this is probably a good thing for all involved.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Junior Member MaxxB1ade is on a distinguished road
    Get a second monitor and play quake in a maximised window, then you can use the other monitor to surf. Pull down the console in game to switch to surfing. Easy.

Member sakasanje is on a distinguished road
    I wonder, how you are still alive. Just getting out of bed must be a nightmare to you.

Get well soon!

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You can still alt+enter to switch to windowed and then alt+tab to a browser.

I find it rather strange though like, you would be playing clan arena and look at web pages when you were dead? And this functionality is so important that your experience has been tremendously reduced without it?
    +1

With alt+enter you can quickly exit fullscreen mode and switch to anything you like. You can even skip doing that, you will need to execute alt+enter twice and then (till you reboot game or use vid_restart) you can alt+tab even from fullscreen. And that was not possible before. You had to use third party openGL grabber software to achieve this.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    You can use the QL website in full without having to close the game or have a second web browser handy too. no more 'you're already logged in' block outs.

+ Reply to Thread